Doodiebutton

This has to be some kind of joke.

What in the hell are they going to do about these hackers man, I cant go 5 mins without a script kiddie messing with the server Im on, and really Iv tried 26 servers today. This game is amazing, I love it, Ill donate, whatever it takes.

And why are people getting happy about the next patch, why dont they stop with the dogs and bears, and focus on the bugs and script kiddies. Sucks man, seems like all good games are going to shit now.

I also understand that its an Alpha version, but then, why let 1 millon people play it, and charge for servers, just to give Admins practiclly no authority to get rid of these hackers?

Well it was fun, but ill check the game out in a few months, maybe some changes that need to happen will happen.

Happy hunting while falling from the sky, or getting ported to "the thunder dome"

Doodiebutton

Why charge for the servers? I dunno, because electricity, hardware and server room aint free?

It wont be fixed until standalone, its that simple.

I haven't seen a hacker yet thankfully, but why do these little kids hack on a game where you PAY to play? Are they stupid or what?

Alpha is where you add new features, Beta is where you fix the bugs.

Anyways, Bye ! :)

No, alpha is where you make the core game work, beta is where you polish and expand the game.

What's the point of adding new features every week if they are all broken?

• Like 2

No, alpha is where you make the core game work, beta is where you polish and expand the game.

What's the point of adding new features every week if they are all broken?

Alpha is not where you make the core game work lol, any game in alpha face is completely and utterly broken, thats the point. Beta is where you make sure all the core mechanics and features added during alpha, works with little to no bugs.

Alpha is not where you make the core game work lol, any game in alpha face is completely and utterly broken, thats the point. Beta is where you make sure all the core mechanics and features added during alpha, works with little to no bugs.

What? How do you go to beta if your game is broken and unplayable? And again what's the point of adding broken features?

• Like 1

What? How do you go to beta if your game is broken and unplayable? And again what's the point of adding broken features?

A feature is 98% of the time broken in one way or the other when added during development. Normally, alpha and beta access is not given to the public, its inhouse stages of development. Even at the alpha phase, core elements of BF3 was broken. And at the beta phase, elements that was working in alpha, was broken. The game will never ever reflect a working condition until the day its actually released.

A feature is 98% of the time broken in one way or the other when added during development. Normally, alpha and beta access is not given to the public, its inhouse stages of development. Even at the alpha phase, core elements of BF3 was broken. And at the beta phase, elements that was working in alpha, was broken. The game will never ever reflect a working condition until the day its actually released.

Of course a feature is likely to be broken the day you implement it. That's why you fix them later, after they've been tested you know what's wrong with them. What's the point of having new features added if the game itself isn't working and you can't tell what's wrong with them?

eventually, the hackers will get bored. remember that if you let hackers make you angry - you're doing exactly what they WANT YOU TO DO - you're basically giving them pleasure.

i'm pretty sure hackers only bother using >30 ppl servers, because of the greater access to griefing targets. i avoid mass populated servers, so i guess that's why i haven't seen them.

eventually, the hackers will get bored. remember that if you let hackers make you angry - you're doing exactly what they WANT YOU TO DO - you're basically giving them pleasure.

i'm pretty sure hackers only bother using >30 ppl servers, because of the greater access to griefing targets. i avoid mass populated servers, so i guess that's why i haven't seen them.

They will get bored and then more, new hackers will come.

Of course a feature is likely to be broken the day you implement it. That's why you fix them later, after they've been tested you know what's wrong with them. What's the point of having new features added if the game itself isn't working and you can't tell what's wrong with them?

Exactly what features are broken?

Exactly what features are broken?

Nice backpedaling. So now you want specifics from dayz? You said

and this is what I'm referring to.

You dont understand what an ALPHA is (:

Alpha = ADD THINGS TO THE GAME

Beta = FIX THIGNS (like bugs, hacks,etc..)

Understand now? Is this the first time you have ever been in an ALPHA? I think some people have been in beta's before and are expecting DAYZ to be like that, when in reality this is not in beta form yet, its in alpha form.

Edited by kozzy

Nice backpedaling. So now you want specifics from dayz? You said

and this is what I'm referring to.

Not backpedaling, i am asking you a question. Its still fact that features and game mechanics will be broken during alpha, you havent worked in a studio and this is likely your first alpha(and this is even just a mod).

I am asking you, because very little features in Day Z are actually "broken"

You dont understand what an ALPHA is (:

Alpha = ADD THINGS TO THE GAME

Beta = FIX THIGNS (like bugs, hacks,etc..)

Understand now? Is this the first time you have ever been in an ALPHA? I think some people have been in beta's before and are expecting DAYZ to be like that, when in reality this is not in beta form yet, its in alpha form.

In that case, inventory should be unusable not just half broken. Running should be disabled because it's working now. And guns shouldn't be firing because they are fully working now. Hell, spawning shouldn't work. Because it's alpha where things are not supposed to work.

Not backpedaling, i am asking you a question. Its still fact that features and game mechanics will be broken during alpha, you havent worked in a studio and this is likely your first alpha(and this is even just a mod).

I am asking you, because very little features in Day Z are actually "broken"

It has nothing to do with dayz. You said that the game should be utterly broken in alpha. Meaning core game and 98% of features already in game are broken. What's the point of adding new features if nothing is working?

Edited by SillySil

In that case, inventory should be unusable not just half broken. Running should be disabled because it's working now. And guns shouldn't be firing because they are fully working now. Hell spawning shouldn't work. Because it's alpha where things are not supposed to work.

It has nothing to do with dayz. You said that the game should be utterly broken in alpha. Meaning core game and 98% of features already in game are broken. What's the point of adding new features if nothing is working?

Wat? Now you are just being senseless lol. In the alpha stage, more features, mechanics and other random changes are added, then bug fixes are applied, let me put it like that. Obviously the game is not supposed to be 100% broken, that would ruin the point of testing any form of feature.

Alpha priority -> features, mechanics, content before bug fixes

Beta priority -> bug fixes before features, mechanics, content.

Wat? Now you are just being senseless lol. In the alpha stage, more features, mechanics and other random changes are added, then bug fixes are applied, let me put it like that. Obviously the game is not supposed to be 100% broken, that would ruin the point of testing any form of feature.

Alpha priority -> features, mechanics, content before bug fixes

Beta priority -> bug fixes before features, mechanics, content.

That's why I said that the core game should be working in alpha, derp. Because otherwise it's 100% broken game and you can't even test anything? Not referring to dayz but to what you said.

That's why I said that the core game should be working in alpha, derp. Because otherwise it's 100% broken game and you can't even test anything? Not referring to dayz but to what you said.

The core game is working. So i dont see your point. You might interpretate "core game" different as a consumer, but if you worked in a studio, or worked in a QA company, or just in general, had done alpha testing before, you would know that the core of Day Z is working.