Jason (DayZ)

Repairing vehicles

Can every car be repaired? I haven't actually seen one car yet, i'v even been in a heli, not land vehicles though.

And, if they are repairable, how do i get the menu up to see what parts are needed please?

Yes.

Go in the drivers seat and look top left, if its anything other than green it can be repaired. Deep red means its "broken"

K thanks, but how do you know which vehicles are able to be repaired? Are the ones on the road around cherno/Elektro, etc able to be repaired? They mainly looked burnt but no idea if they are or not.

Only vehicles that look drivable are, they might have a wheel missing or a window smashed or something which you will have to find parts for and repair yourself

The burnt out looking ones can't be repaired, the repairable ones look like normal vehicles, but have wheels missing (unless they've been replaced).

K thanks. Is there any techniques to find these? Just head inland and hope for the best?

As far as I know, vehicles aren't working right now. At least, this is what the admin of a server I was playing in stated. Can anyone confirm this?

I have tracked down nearly every spawn location on the Wiki and seen nothing, have encountered zero players in vehicles, and buildings are filled with vehicle repair loot.

From what I can tell.

Some server have vehicles turned on some dont.

Seems some have only choppers on and some have choppers and cars etc etc.

Also since the last patch, vehicle repairs arnt working because of the scroll menu bug.