WAVEBY

Improved animal hunting.

I think it would be nice if hunting was improved in dayz by adding things such as,

1. First of all I think it would be nice if some new animals were added such as, deer, bears, ducks, and wolves.

2. If you don't shoot an animal in a vital organ then it will run away and possibly survive.

3. When an animal is shot and runs away it will leave a blood trail.

4.When an animal spots you it should run away. (Most wild animals do run away, especially deer.)

5. Some sort of animal food or bait would be a great new item.

• Like 4

I don't see this ever being added. It's too much for a game that has nothing to do with hunting. You see an animal, kill it, then take the raw meat and cook it to restore health and fill your food meter. No real reason to make it more difficult.

Now if animals could be infected, then that would be fun.

Yeah man is a mod so is gonna take a lot to they improve this not imposible but to much maybe when this mod became a game that you can buy outside of Arma 2 etc you know

I think it would be nice if hunting was improved in dayz by adding things such as,

1. First of all I think it would be nice if some new animals were added such as, deer, bears, ducks, and wolves.

2. If you don't shoot an animal in a vital organ then it will run away and possibly survive.

4.When an animal spots you it should run away. (Most wild animals do run away, especially deer.)

I don't see why not.. would be helpful aswell and more fun hunting.

You should just post this idea though when the standalone is out not many people will care about this atm everyone just wants bug fixes.. better loot spawn less hackers and more guns.

Edited by paradox.

1: Deer would be my first choice! It seems strange that there are lots and lots of deer stands, but no deer.

2,3,4,5: Yes! This would make survival more interesting. You shouldn't just be able to walk out on a field with your hatchet and kill a goat when you are hungry. Too easy.

After all, point #3 in DayZ is: Survival.

Was just going to post the same thing about hunting. Wild animals like deer could have fewer steaks than cows but each steak could restore more blood. I think it's a great idea.

I really think this could be easily improved! Those are good suggestions! If you think about it: This game has zombies that can see you, hear you, run after you, try to kill you. Most of the animals are just the opposite. Animals would try to run away when they detect you. Then players should actually try to hunt the animals and try to sneak in a position to shoot them. Now it is kinda too easy and one can simply eat a whole cow and restore all the health.