symptom

Respawn Button Limitation

Should there be a 2 limit per day use to the respawn button?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should DayZ allow players to use the "Respawn" button freely 2 times per day??

Ever spawn a charector in the middle of no where?? Or how about a hacker teleports you somewhere and you manage to disconnect before he kills you and now you're stuck somewhere?? Or ever get glitched stuck somewhere and you're unable to move??

Respawn button use to be the easy fix, instead of waiting to starve to death or have a friend or unfriendly kill you. Then, players started taking advantage of the respawn button to spawn closer to their corpse so they could get their loot back, or just to get back to the location of their death to sneak up on the player that originally killed them.

I understand why it was disabled and I am fine with it. However, I think it shouldn't be totally disabled. My suggestion is to give players a 2 times use per day to the respawn button. Players that use it to get a better spawn location with only get 2 chances, and players who get stuck or teleported somewhere will be able to respawn without having to wait.

Even if it's only 1 respawn per day, it would be better than being stuck for hours. Not to mention people wouldn't really be able to take advantage of it.

Tell me what ya think??

Edited by Symptom

I think something like this could potentially be a middle ground. Since I agree that free use is too much and abused, but NO use also has it's issues.

Nope thats part of the immersion run your lazy ass to ur clanmates

It was taken out because lazy bastards abusing it was causing lag on all of the servers.

The same people who were complaining about lag are now complaining that they actually have to walk somewhere instead of magically teleporting.

Edited by Fraggle

It was taken out because lazy bastards abusing it was causing lag on all of the servers.

The same people who were complaining about lag are now complaining that they actually have to walk somewhere instead of magically teleporting.

Yea, that why I said put a limit of uses on it. Like 2 per day. If you would've read my post entirely, you would've know what this was about.

How can 2 respawns a day be abused??

- By a player respawning twice a day and hope the random respawn puts him close to where he wants to be.

Anything else would be players who need a legit respawn due to a glitch in the game or if a hacker teleports them somewhere like it was done here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/63904-hacked-need-reset-now/

Anyways, don't think this suggestion is for lazy players, that why I suggested 1 - 2 uses per DAY.