fuelhead

Cannibalism and Zombie suggestions

I find that in my journeys across Chernarus I struggle to make decision on what to take and not take for example Beans or Smoke. I know this is apart of RPG Survival but in this I found a suggestion of what if it were possible to eat the victim (survivour) who I am currently looting; not only would this cure my hunger but give me plentiful blood that would be on par to cooked meat. This would means that is could be possible to feed off anything that moves (Excluding zombies of course) and making the game have a idea of a post apocalyptic feral background. Plus who doesn't want to hunt down people for a good steak.

The second matter I wish to speak of is whether or not it would be a good Idea to have variants of zombies. Now I for once don't want too much done to the zombies but would like around 3 variants for example:

Seeker: This zombie may be deaf but it is fully equiped with 20/20 vision, they would be found in fields (wilderness) and would still have 30 degree field of vision but able to see you alot easier. They should be rare in that they a never near one another and should be encounted twice or so in an hour's gameplay in the wilderness

Horder: A Horder would be very rare and only be found in zombie populated areas (Cities) they cannot hurt you and will stand out from the crowd but when they see you they. They will go all invasion of the body snatchers on you ass by screaming and alerting all zombies in a 75 meter radius who will come sprinting after you.

Hearer: This variant is more common, these zombie are blind but have an acute sense of hear and move from town to town in packs of ones a like. best to be avoided.

Hope you are open to my suggestions and thanks for reading.

I am all for cannibalism. I would also like to capture zombies and keep them in a barbed wire fence.

Reason being? I want to throw tin cans at them while I am waiting for updates.

I'm all for that!

But, it should only be with freshly killed survivers... rotting meat from zombies and not so freshly killed survivers will get you sick and probably infected with diseases.

Cannibalism is a great idea! It would add another element to the game play. In a real post apocalyptic world, this would be a common occurence like that movie, "The Road".

Cannibalism sounds good, but the zombie variations does not. A little variation, like some zombies have a tiny amount of better speed/vision/hearing and it is randomized, but just because that is how it is with people. But classes of zombies is too left 4 dead-esque

i like the idea that screaming alerts other zombies, you can alert one or two zombies in the streets but some only a little extra distance away don't notice you,

so when the zombie screams i think a good alert area would be interesting. especially considering this is supposed to be a survival horror, why not make it a little harder? more fun and rewarding if you survive.

I was also thinking about suggesting cannibalism after watching "The Road" the other day. I think that it would add another dimension to gameplay and also possibly improve the atmosphere around the coastal cities - imagine sneaking through a town not only with zombies, but also with the thought of potentially being watched by hungry cannibalistic maniacs instead of random "PKers".

Cannibalism could be implemented by having the ability to 'gut' dead survivors once an extremely low humanity has been reached. In order to deter everyone from people eating you could also add the chance of catching an illness from gutting a sick survivor, thus potentially lowering your blood instead of increasing it. Eating and gutting people would also significantly lower humanity - more so than murdering.

Once an even lower humanity is reached, maybe have an option to be able to take a skull from a dead body. Only one skull can be taken per spawn which can be then placed on a stake within the world. These - if not randomly abused - could mark hostile cannibal territory to deter threats and to freak out survivors - think of the log cabin scene from "The Road".

Also for all the sadists out there, imagine crawling through the forest dying but being generously aided by a fellow survivor. He offers you some cooked meat, and you eat it feeling much better - but then, after noticing your humanity drop, you feel the horror in realizing you ate human flesh, and that your would be helper is sickly chuckling to himself before making you his next victim.

Bump. Fucking awesome idea. Obviously with shortage of meat in the post apocalyptic world, human flesh would be the logical choice for food.

There is no reason not to put this in.

Basically, you can gut, cook and eat human, just like normal.. But there seriously has to be a repercussion for it.. Otherwise every single person would do it.

Perhaps once you've eaten flesh once, you get the taste for it.. you can't resist the urge being near another survivor, even if they're a cannibal too.

When you're near another survivor, you start to slobber and get and uncontrollable urge to eat them, a sound which will be obvious to all around you and alert them to the fact you're a cannibal.

Maybe over time, you can overcome this ie after eating 20 or so people and the chance of it occurring reduces.

It's just an idea.. if you can eat human flesh, there needs to be a big in game penalty for it, ie, dropping in humanity.

I know it's the whole do what you want thing but you don't want a noob running out of food and being like 'meh, dead body here, YUM.'

You need something to signify you've really dropped to the bottom of the pile in terms of humanity goes and are basically almost an animal.

I would also love to see cannibalism. I would also like, as a cannibal, to mark territory. For example, just like using the wire fencing to mark off an area, we could put dead survivor heads on pikes and string up the corpses of our victims on gallows and or tree's. Morbid i know, but this is a fucked up zombie apocalypse we're in.

I would also love to see cannibalism. I would also like' date=' as a cannibal, to mark territory. For example, just like using the wire fencing to mark off an area, we could put dead survivor heads on pikes and string up the corpses of our victims on gallows and or tree's. Morbid i know, but this is a fucked up zombie apocalypse we're in.

[/quote']

I think it would take more work than it's worth to set up something that allows dismemberment and movement of bodies, placing of items, getting items to stick to stuff, etc.

It's just an idea.. if you can eat human flesh' date=' there needs to be a big in game penalty for it, ie, dropping in humanity.

I know it's the whole do what you want thing but you don't want a noob running out of food and being like 'meh, dead body here, YUM.'

You need something to signify you've really dropped to the bottom of the pile in terms of humanity goes and are basically almost an animal.

[/quote']

cannibalism could reduce humanity, not as much as killing them, ( unless you killed them for the meat).

and eating it also comes at a small chance of causing sickness, mainly due to you doing something you arn't fully prepared for in a survival situation, like eating your dead friends.

addiction to the meat sounds a little too far but you could introduce a chance of the infection being zombie related? eating infected meat ;D

In the film "The Book Of Eli", people who eat human flesh get the shakes, why not implement this, it would be rather easy to do?

FYI: Eating human flesh in most cases, leads to something called a prion disease, This solely affects the brain and nervous tissue often causing muscle spasms.

Whats a worse punishment for cannibalism than looking down your ironsights and shaking like fuck! xD

Cannibalism sounds like it could be interesting. It's definitely an element in a lot of other zombie media.

I'd vote no on making human flesh addictive. That's... kinda creepy (not that cannibalism isn't, I suppose) and seems like a step too far.

Catching a prion disease and shaking... Also interesting. If included however, I think it should be a pretty rare event if you cannibalize someone. Like 1/100. Prion disease is reasonably rare, even among cannibalistic tribes.

Got to say no on the different zombie types. I think that sounds needlessly complicated. And like other posters, I believe it's more in the spirit of a different type of zombie game.

SEARCH.

Cannibalism has been suggested alot , but also has been vetoed by rocket. He is concerned about the mod being banned in carebear countries so stated cannibalism wont go into the game.

Cannibals are rare in the animal kingdom partly because eating your relatives makes you sick, say researchers in the US who have tested the idea for the first time.

For years, biologists have wondered why cannibalism is rare. In theory, eating your own kind can give nutritional and competitive advantages, although communities of cannibals might also have a tendency to wipe themselves out. One answer, they reckoned, was that animals avoid cannibalism to stop the spread of species-specific pathogens.

To test this theory, a team led by David Pfennig of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill created “diseased” larvae of the cannibalistic tiger salamander, Ambystoma tigrinum, and of another tadpole species, Ambystoma texanum, by exposing them to tanks infected with their natural pathogens, such as Clostridium species. Diseased and healthy larvae of both species were then given as food to 24 slightly larger and more mature tiger salamander larvae.

The larvae that ate diseased larvae of their own species grew less quickly and were less likely to survive metamorphosis than all the other animals, Pfennig’s team will report in a forthcoming issue of Animal Behavior. “Cannibalism may be more rare because you risk getting pathogens or parasites,” says Pfennig. “They co-evolve with their host.”

http://www.impactlab.net/2008/08/31/why-cannibalism-is-bad/

As long as cannibalism = those terms.

I was also thinking about suggesting cannibalism after watching "The Road" the other day. I think that it would add another dimension to gameplay and also possibly improve the atmosphere around the coastal cities - imagine sneaking through a town not only with zombies' date=' but also with the thought of potentially being watched by hungry cannibalistic maniacs instead of random "PKers".

Cannibalism could be implemented by having the ability to 'gut' dead survivors once an extremely low humanity has been reached. In order to deter everyone from people eating you could also add the chance of catching an illness from gutting a sick survivor, thus potentially lowering your blood instead of increasing it. Eating and gutting people would also significantly lower humanity - more so than murdering.

Once an even lower humanity is reached, maybe have an option to be able to take a skull from a dead body. Only one skull can be taken per spawn which can be then placed on a stake within the world. These - if not randomly abused - could mark hostile cannibal territory to deter threats and to freak out survivors - think of the log cabin scene from "The Road".

Also for all the sadists out there, imagine crawling through the forest dying but being generously aided by a fellow survivor. He offers you some cooked meat, and you eat it feeling much better - but then, after noticing your humanity drop, you feel the horror in realizing you ate human flesh, and that your would be helper is sickly chuckling to himself before making you his next victim.

[/quote']

haaaa fuck yes !!!!

What about zombies that drag your body around (like how players drag players) while they eat your face off, that would be great.

SEARCH.

Cannibalism has been suggested alot ' date=' but also has been vetoed by rocket. He is concerned about the mod being banned in carebear countries so stated cannibalism wont go into the game.

[/quote']

Shame, scenarios as described by Jester would be so funny and so so disturbing!

Anyone seen "Ravenous"? What if after consuming human flesh for a while that becomes the only way for you to recover health? The trade off being super human strength and verility!!