Sign in to follow this  
Analsheriff

Server hosting problems with Host Altitude

Hi, I just received my server today from Host Attitude and i have tried to log on into the server, but I, and others, or getting an error message stating, "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application, you cannot play on this server, if you are the server admin please contact Day Z Staff” and I cannot figure out how to update it. I have done what their site has suggested but I still cannot get it to work. If anyone runs a server and is willing to help it will be greatly appreciated. I have Skype and teamspeak that we can work it out over. I have a support ticket up, but it seems that they're having problems right now and I wont be answered for a while.

Edited by Analsheriff

Send a ticket in, and wait 36+ hours. Then get a refund, Host Altitude sucks.

• Like 1

I'm going to get a refund. I ordered a server on the 4th, still don't have it. Now i'm getting an eta on the 10th. Unacceptable.

*edit*

The new eta I saw is for new customers. Even though HA is slow, They really are polite and helpful. After reading up on Defcon, I can say wow, there are some really horrible hosts out there.

Edited by shadow293

Make sure all of your server files are up to date. First go here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Download patch 95417. That seems to be the latest patch that is stable.

Then go here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48329-hotfix-build-1724-rolling-update/

Follow the instructions to install patch 1.7.2.4

Finally go here: http://cdn.armafiles.info/.dayzhosters/

You will need the username and password to access this last site. It will be in your welcome letter. Make sure you have the latest hive files installed.

If you have all of these files up to date, no one should be getting that error message when they try to connect to your server.

I hope this helps.

I'm going to get a refund. I ordered a server on the 4th, still don't have it. Now i'm getting an eta on the 10th. Unacceptable.

*edit*

The new eta I saw is for new customers. Even though HA is slow, They really are polite and helpful. After reading up on Defcon, I can say wow, there are some really horrible hosts out there.

It took over a week to regain a password to my VPS (wasnt a new customer) we got DDoSed so I sent a ticket in, they reply saying 'we have no reports' like ummmmm you inbred cunts thats the report right there.

Moving to HostVenom in a few days.

I got my server today too from them and I got the same issue. I just asked for a refund. Obviously they don't know what they are doing. Do not use Hosting Altitude!

I got my server today too from them and I got the same issue. I just asked for a refund. Obviously they don't know what they are doing. Do not use Hosting Altitude!

I'd suggest villayer, or HostVenom when they get the DayZ side up.

I have also a server hosted by them and got the same error.

But it wasn't that a wrong server setup caused this it was strangely my client installation on my pc.

After a complete reinstallation of the game and the mod it worked.

You can check that if you see people connected on your server over the control panel of your server.

Edited by MrGreen72

I have also a server hosted by them and got the same error.

But it wasn't that a wrong server setup caused this it was strangely my client installation on my pc.

After a complete reinstallation of the game and the mod it worked.

You can check that if you see people connected on your server over the control panel of your server.

Everyone I know tried connecting to my server and got the same error. We can join other servers fine. If it was my client I would not the error: The Server Side Application on this Server is Incorrect. It is something to do with the server portion not the client. The Hosting Company hasn't answered any of the support tickets and with other servers having the same issue from them who knows what the problem is. They haven't made any sort of attempt to let us know either way. I"m not going to spend money not to have support.

I just joined several Host Altitude servers and they work well. Perhaps an error was made while installing some of the servers. I sent in a ticket and will see if they can fix this.

We had a small whitelisting issue but this was sorted last night. This causes the "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application, you cannot play on this server, if you are the server admin please contact Day Z Staff".

It took over a week to regain a password to my VPS (wasnt a new customer) we got DDoSed so I sent a ticket in, they reply saying 'we have no reports' like ummmmm you inbred cunts thats the report right there.

Moving to HostVenom in a few days.

No other customer on your node reported a DDoS and the logs we have on the node showed no signs of a DDoS. It wasn't a DDoS you experienced. I'm also not sure why it took so long to get your password changed but obviously this is not how long it normally takes us and we have a rough week last week.

Edited by Jonnerz

We had a small whitelisting issue but this was sorted last night. This causes the "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application, you cannot play on this server, if you are the server admin please contact Day Z Staff".

No other customer on your node reported a DDoS and the logs we have on the node showed no signs of a DDoS. It wasn't a DDoS you experienced. I'm also not sure why it took so long to get your password changed but obviously this is not how long it normally takes us and we have a rough week last week.

Unfortunately I still have the incorrect server app error still.

So a idiot specificly telling me "IM GOING TO DDoS YOU" then my box going down for a insane amount of time, isnt a DDoS? Owait, might just be your shitty company fucking up.

Don't expect it to get better. I've never seen customer support THIS bad. Can't wait for my month to be over.

So a idiot specificly telling me "IM GOING TO DDoS YOU" then my box going down for a insane amount of time, isnt a DDoS? Owait, might just be your shitty company fucking up.

If you're so smart you would've installed munin or vnstat and verified it yourself.