russkinnor

MP5SD using M9SD Mags?

Date/Time: 5-25-12(From about 8am EST to 4pm EST as I was on and off during the day, 4 pm was about the time of my death)

What happened:I had 2 weapons, the M9SD and the MP5SD. The game was registering the pistol magazines as the number of mags for the Submachine gun and vice versa. Was really really strange. Everytime I fired a full magazine out of the MP5SD, a pistol mag would dissapear and the number would count down by 1 on the "F key" notification.

Where you were:Travelled from Balota Airfield(Where I aquired the weapons) to Chern and then all the towns between there and stary sobor.

What you were doing: Travelling, Killing Walkers, Surviving

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4

*Server(s) you were on: NY8, Dallas(Multiple), Virginia(Multiple)

*Your system specs:

Windows 7 Professional(64 bit)

8 Gigs Ram

AMD FX-6100 6 core Processor

Radeon HD 6900 2Gig Memory

Realtek HD Dolby Sound

OS Drive: Intel 128G SSD

Play Drive: Seagate 2 TB 64M Cache, 7200RPM Platter

Steam Download Version

*Timeline of events before/after error: This occured over an entire day of play as I went out and came back home several times to play.

Date/Time: 5-25-12(From about 8am EST to 4pm EST as I was on and off during the day' date=' 4 pm was about the time of my death)

What happened:I had 2 weapons, the M9SD and the MP5SD. The game was registering the pistol magazines as the number of mags for the Submachine gun and vice versa. Was really really strange. Everytime I fired a full magazine out of the MP5SD, a pistol mag would dissapear and the number would count down by 1 on the "F key" notification.

Where you were:Travelled from Balota Airfield(Where I aquired the weapons) to Chern and then all the towns between there and stary sobor.

What you were doing: Travelling, Killing Walkers, Surviving

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4

*Server(s) you were on: NY8, Dallas(Multiple), Virginia(Multiple)

*Your system specs:

Windows 7 Professional(64 bit)

8 Gigs Ram

AMD FX-6100 6 core Processor

Radeon HD 6900 2Gig Memory

Realtek HD Dolby Sound

OS Drive: Intel 128G SSD

Play Drive: Seagate 2 TB 64M Cache, 7200RPM Platter

Steam Download Version

*Timeline of events before/after error: This occured over an entire day of play as I went out and came back home several times to play.

[/quote']

At least they use the same ammo, so it's within the realm of making sense.

I was under the impression that this is not a bug. I believe the use the same ammo, just like the pdw can use almost any 9mm pistol ammo and have a clip from 15-30 bullets. Consider yourself lucky if you can carry primary ammo in your secondary slots...

i think some guns can use other weapons ammo, but usually it will say "reload m9sd clip" in the action wheel menu. I've seen it with the normal mp5 and i believe a regular m9 mag, i didn't shoot it enough to see if it used the clips automatically.

Well it makes some sence. If you have M9SD ammo it's the same as MP5SD ammo. In reality you just need to insert the bullets into the right mag and you will be able to shoot. Here it's the same, you use the option "reload M9SD clip" and it uses M9's bullets. Hence not a bug.

arent they both 9 mm?

im no weapons expert but thats what i read

MP5A5 and MP5SD6 can both use pistol mags for some odd reason.

They are all 9mm, but neither the Glock nor M9's mags are compatible with the MP5 magasinewell (Spelling, directly translated from danish).

Now, its nice because you dont have to go running around looking for MP5 mags, but sad since it kinda screws with the realism. However as someone said, unloading ammo from a mag and putting it in the mag that works for ya would make this game alot more awesome. Just like refilling your mags would be perfect. I hate when im running around with 3 mags, 1 full and 2 half full, i'd rather have 2 full mags than that.

Ever used the PDW? It is a bitch in terms of ammo :D Nearly every 9mm clip can be used with taht gun.

Magazine, I think you'll find, not clip :). But yeah, 9x19mm is very common, and indeed used by a lot of the guns in Day Z. Unfortunately the magazines aren't compatible between guns, so I assume this is an attempt to kinda sorta fix that.