Sign in to follow this  
Mido32

Need a little help here please.

Ok im new to DayZ (playing about 2 days) and I have learned a lot through youtube/wikis but im having an issue with my bag, no matter which onw I have equipped. Your supposed to be able to press "G" to open your inventory then click on the bag either in the items list or in your character pic on the right, then hit open bag button on the bottom and it opens the new slots that are extra storage of your backpack. Well ive had 4 different bags not including ths starting one and i have not been able to open any of them. Nothing happens, it just stays on that same screen that shows just whats on your character. Id love to have that extra storage for lots of things but cant access it. I have searched these forum and online and can not find any reports or anyone else having this issue, can anyone tell me whats going on please? Thank any and all for any available insight!

If you look at the top left of the inventory window after you've clicked 'open bag' you'll see the name of the bag and a number along the lines of 8/8 on a coyote scout pack. That means the bag is open, and by clicking the left arrow beside an item in the list, it moves it to the bag. Stuff with numbers on the left means it's in the bag and available to be taken out. When you close the bag, you'll notice the stuff in the bag disappears from the list. If you're accessing a loot pile and you open the bag, the slots for the bag appear on the right, and you can move stuff back and forth from the loot pile to the bag.

Hey I'm new to the game to and looking for some folks to team up with let me know if you're interested

Thank you Wiley, I will test that out when I get gome from work. Maybe I just always saw in the videos and stuff people going straight to bag from piles, but I thought those slots on the right always showed up when working with your bag.

The bag/gear system is atrocious. But if you keep with the videos/wikis and practice it a few times (along with tents, vehicles, etc) it will start to click.