cal (DayZ)

People spawning behind you, death dodging etc...

First off let me say this is not a fix for either of these problems in the subject line, but this would, in my opinion, help curb this bad behavior.

What I want is a feature that limits upon re-spawn (obviously not pertaining to your first spawn location on the beach) the players ability to fire his weapon for 10 or so seconds. I believe that this will cause people to a) not spawn on top of loot b) limit death dodging as when people do this they are usually in a panic and disconnect in a vulnerable area c) really force people to think and take time to move too a safe location to log off (think of it as sleeping, you wouldn't just take a nap in an exposed area) therefore adding to the realism.

Please let me know if this has already been suggested and shot down or your thoughts on this idea in general....

Anyway - thanks for making this, rocket - having a lot of fun playing it.

While you have good intentions, this would also harm legitimate players that just happen to login to an area that other players are walking through, leaving them defenceless. Improbable, sure, but if it happened you'd be pissed.

Ideas to solve this issue have been suggested, and personally I think something along the lines of simply not saving people within a certain area is one of the safer solutions.