Sign in to follow this  
Venick

Helicopter Disappearance

I've found two fully repaired helicopters recently on two different occasions, both on low population servers. I'm starting with the second one first because that one confuses me the most.

The second I found was sitting in the open near Lopatino. (its a trap!) I take it west and over a hill - the only way to see it is to climb up another barren hill. I wait about half an hour before my friend gets on. My friend and I leave to find parts to repair an ATV I found earlier. There is about 6 people online. In about an hour the ATV is fixed and we head back to find our helicopter gone - keep in mind we scavanged towns all around where we left the helicopter. (Lopatino, Pustoshka, Vybor, NWA) If anyone flew it, we'd hear it.

The first one we found on top of a large building in cherno as night began to fall. A friend and I drove it around for a bit during the night and eventually landed it northwest west - far from anything near the border of the map, but in bounds. Eight hours of night time and it was already gone, our tent hidden between trees emptied.

Note: The first one we landed hard on one occasion and damaged it, saving it restored it completely so we're inclined to believe it was hacked.

TL:DR - Do helicopters mistakenly despawn more often than other vehicles? Do hacked helicopters bug out (disappear/not save)? Does anyone else have there helicopters stolen quickly?

the first one idk.

UNLESS there were restarts...if it vanished all in one one server life (no restarts) then someone stole it but the second situation seems identical to my issues...im so tired of this game right now the saving system is just broken for cars and tents...

They might have been hacked in I guess. All hacked vehicles will disappear after restart even if you save it I think.

true but dude im telling you its the saving system i found 5 vehicles in 2 days they were all dayz mod vehicles...they all vanish...same with the tents i set up they either vanish or they get wiped gear wise....ever since post 1.7.5 the saving system has been broken.

the first one idk.

UNLESS there were restarts...if it vanished all in one one server life (no restarts) then someone stole it but the second situation seems identical to my issues...im so tired of this game right now the saving system is just broken for cars and tents...

Yeah, we're just curious as how, under those circumstances, we lost two helicopters so quickly.

true but dude im telling you its the saving system i found 5 vehicles in 2 days they were all dayz mod vehicles...they all vanish...same with the tents i set up they either vanish or they get wiped gear wise....ever since post 1.7.5 the saving system has been broken.

I haven't been lucky enough to test this theory since 1.7.5 came out, but before it did I'd saved two ATVs and a V3S (or whatever the non-Ural 3axle truck is). After the saves, the server had a scheduled restart. Came back in, they were gone. 8 hours later, another scheduled restart (my regular server has 3 scheduled restarts daily), and THE VEHICLES WERE BACK. I asked the server admins on their forums about it and they said that vehicles will despawn after a restart, saved or not, but after a second restart, all saved vehicles will spawn back in where they were saved, and be permanently available (until moved, resaved, destroyed, stolen, etc). Not sure how reliable this information is, but I did witness our vehicles disappearing after the first restart, and then reappearing after a second restart.

Who knows :blush:

Our Helicopter just disapeared 3 times in a row on different locations, we saved it about 25 times in our camp but it still disapeared all the time and the heli respawns on the old location were we found it. :(