Sign in to follow this  
ApriL

Now That It Has Been Announced, In The Standalone Please Have It So You Can Play With More Than One Account Rocket.

Why? It goes against the grain of the game's objective! No way.

Buy 2 copies.

You sir are an idiot. If you knew anything, you would know that owning 2 ARMA accounts (as it currently is) DOES NOT automatically mean you can play 2 accounts. I personally have 4 (ya, thats right). You have to mess with the registry every time you want to load a new account. It is a BIG pain that can easily be avoided if Rocket does it properly. Thread is 100% a good thread in my opinion.

I Guess It Could Have Been Nice Explaining The Reasons For Your Request, Instead Of Writing EveryThing In A Nice Yet Very Long Title.

Why Would You Want More Characters On An Account ? Multiple Accounts ?

And Why Write Every Damn Word With A Capital Letter ?

Why do you want to play with more than one account ?

Well since you backed up your request with valid reasoning it'll be impossible for Rocket to say no.

• Like 3

You sir are an idiot. If you knew anything, you would know that owning 2 ARMA accounts (as it currently is) DOES NOT automatically mean you can play 2 accounts. I personally have 4 (ya, thats right). You have to mess with the registry every time you want to load a new account. It is a BIG pain that can easily be avoided if Rocket does it properly. Thread is 100% a good thread in my opinion.

Except if that is how he wanted the game to be played he would have already included this request. As the game stands now it would be a poor option that would take away the fear of dying from a player. What is stopping a player from leaving four characters at a base and if one dies no big deal you still have three more to cheaply defend the base? If the game changes and it makes sense then fine, but I think the point of the game right now is the fear of a death that actually carries consequences. If you have four characters then your death will only be annoying.

I agree with this thread.

I play mainly with a group of friends once or twice a week for 3 hours at a time, but I would love to play more. I know I can take my character and use it between our sessions, but it would be nice to just be able to have someone I can be careless with and run through the streets of major cities and risk losing it all.

My only concern here is that people will create mules for carrying stuff, rather than leaving stuff on a server, where it is vulnerable.

Well since you backed up your request with valid reasoning it'll be impossible for Rocket to say no.

Indeed :)

Rocket could create "Zones" which are essentially different hives and limit 1 character per hive. He could have 4 set-up so you can't cross them over, if this game is going to be as massive as it's said to be.

Stop Typing Like A Fucking Retard And Maybe Someone Will Actually Give A Shit About What You Are Saying And Will Take You Seriously

Edited by Vipala

Bad idea I believe.

Having multiple accts would mean everyone would create a base character, then another to run around gobbling up all the good loot, not caring about taking chances just to arm their other character.

The point of the game (which isn't currently working with hacking/duping) is to actually fear for your character. You want the good stuff? Go to the airfield and get it risking your life or take on a geared up survivor. Thats how its supposed to be.

And even if they did it so the two couldn't transfer loot, there would still be the issue of someone getting into trouble, then stop playing that character and hopping over to the other till the danger hopefully subsides.

Allowing only 1 character with permadeath is the way to go.

And Im guessing thats what 99% of us love about this great mod.

Its gotten to the point that if I see someone in a gilluie suit, then either duped it or hacked it.

Ive been playing for months now, and not seen one gillie suit spawn.

Can't wait for the standalone.

• Like 1