Optimist (DayZ)

Nightmare inducing mad axeman - Scary stuff

The fact that it happened a second time to him and on a different servers makes this epic lol.

I tip my hat to the deranged axe man.

I wouldn't tip my hat to him too soon. He is a hacker after all.

Other than a potential teleport hack to appear at the players location, the custom skin and sound are legit things in Arma 2, if a bit annoying to setup.

Other than a potential teleport hack to appear at the players location, the custom skin and sound are legit things in Arma 2, if a bit annoying to setup.

Well I've not heard or seen any official stance on the custom skins, as the Jason Vorhee's one in this case, being completely legit. You're still manipulating/adding/moving to DayZ game files.

I do agree, however, that that in itself is merely a mod. And neither do you gain any advantage over your fellow players using custom skins. Unless, like I pointed out in another thread, you may fatally laugh a bit too long upon seeing Ronald McDonald charging you with a hatchet.

But teleporting oneself to another's player's location and into their car no less is most definitely hacking.

Well I've not heard or seen any official stance on the custom skins, as the Jason Vorhee's one in this case, being completely legit. You're still manipulating/adding/moving to DayZ game files.

Custom skins are legit, it's a feature in ArmA II, but not many people know about it. You can change the face, and arms to your liking. Not all servers have this enabled though, but most do.

As for how he found him again on a different server, well he was probably watching the stream.

Edited by travers114

I know it's legit in Arma 2 but in DayZ?

tbh I don't really care. It's a harmless mod. Just be aware some people on these forums considering it hacking, if not at the very least something akin to hacking.

Also I can see this getting silly and out of hand with the servers full of people running around as Batman or Joker, etc. Which I feel would detriment a lot of the immersion of the game. Although a clan battle between a group of Richard Pattison's against a clan of Kirsten Stewart's would be topically amusing.

As for that Jason dude watching the stream I agree, but teleporting to his location and car...I don't see how that can be seen as legit.

I broke into tears watching that second video. Seriously one of the funniest / creepiest DayZ moments I've seen yet.