Sign in to follow this  
FrIEND (DayZ)

Change the way Veichles are handled

Right now the situation with Veichles in DayZ is Pretty much like This: You are more likely to find a vehicle walking through the middle of nowhere (usually in stacks). Than From their spawnpoints or inside cities.

Because: Players are hording them to themselves even they dont have actual need for so many of them

This Could be Changed By making Jerrycans(Gas) & veichle parts really rare, so People cant really keep those un-used veichles anymore since they can barely keep 1 of them Functional & Full of gas

Just my toughts, maybe some1 can come up with better solution..

peace out

Edited by FrIEND
  • Like 1

I agree fully, some people just hoard to hoard. Its so uncommon to see a vehicle in their actual spawnpoints nowadays

We need all those vehicles...always have backups, and then have backups of your backups.

Must be a Console kiddie. (J/K flame, relax champ)

But the point is....why would you not take all the vehicles you can...your logic is flawed. If you walk by a motorbike, why on earth would you leave it behind. I am sorry, but I do not give one single fuck about you, I care about me and my group putting us in the best position I can.

If you have a good gun, and you find a another good gun, would you leave behind the 2nd gun? or put it in your backpack....yes vehicles are alot more rare, but the same logic applies.

Edited by Tweakie
  • Like 1

You know...kinda like you would in a Zombie apocalypse.

Working as intended, it's a feature, not a bug.

People don't hoard because they need the cars, they hoard so that YOU DON'T GET THEM!

It's as simple as that...

If gas was rare, i would still hoard vehicles to edges of the map, i would just be less likely to use them

The problem right now is that vehicles are the only reliable way to store items, given tents are unstable. So until they fix the tents people won't want to risk moving all their precious loots around.

• Like 1

The problem right now is that vehicles are the only reliable way to store items, given tents are unstable. So until they fix the tents people won't want to risk moving all their precious loots around.

Really?

I find it's the other way around.

increase the number of vehicles and make (most) not required to be (fully) repaired. why on earth are all vehicles damaged, empty and without wheels...?!

I would also consider cars leave tracks offroad, but I think it's too much for a mod.

Now that´s the mainproblem. i would rather see that they take away the abillity to stash into cars. If you only can use it to transport people maybe players use it more like it´s ment to be. on the roads.

another ide is to have new spawned vehicles after every time the server starts over where the car is missing if the abillity to stash things in them is removed. Thats because if you still can stash things inside you will see people horde even more vehicles and like a hangover you will see more lagg aswell. But without the stash-system maybe players is´nt so afraid to lose their cars.

Edited by vbgbasse

I read Veichles in your topic name, and I couldn't help but pronounce it like an ancient greek name(like Heracles or something)

pheonetically: Vee-a-kleez

Also, making jerry cans rare wouldn't help anything.

Since you can just find one and keep refilling it at a gas station.

I don't really find the current method all that bothersome. I want a vehicle, I trek around the northern wilderness for half an hour and find one.

I'd love to be able to take wheels off vehicles. Find a vehicle or two stacked together?

I'll take the best one, all their spare parts and remove the wheels and take fuel out of the second.

Troll and roll.

Edited by grylsyjaeger
  • Like 1

I'd love to be able to take wheels off vehicles. Find a vehicle or two stacked together?

I'll take the best one, all their spare parts and remove the wheels and take fuel out of the second.

Troll and roll.

or just shoot it until its red, but not letting it explode..:)

I think the opposite. Vehicle repairing is just fine at the moment. However, vehicles should be just that, vehicles for transportation. Not massive storage units. I've built like a dozen vehicles (which takes hours sometimes by the way) and believe it or not actually DROVE them around the map for hours at a time. And yes in broad daylight even! No matter where I hide them, someone always seems to find them and yet walking the entire map dozens of times I can't every find one anywhere unless one happens to be back in its respawn point because someone forgot the one week reset timer and I get to spend an hour or two building yet another one. Right now vehicles sit motionless behind a clump of trees or in the past off map for weeks. All vehicles should respawn every 24 hrs not 7 days after no use. They should also not be able to store equipment for more than 24 hrs. Take your truck around the map, farm helicopters and airfields etc, then go store that loot in a tent. The game would be much more fun with people running around in vehicles and on foot instead of 99% of the players on foot and the other 1% using their vehicles at night with their NVG's to make eq runs to go store it off map in their mobile storage unit. Some of the funnest aspects of this game is getting a vehicle and hauling ass around killing, looting and pillaging. Also load more bicycles if nothing else! One per town that respawn every day and don't save.

Edited by Ragegasm

its not that difficult to find a vehicle..just walk a few hours at the end of the map, and you will find dozens..:D

I found five quads last night - three of which were "hidden" by other players - and stole some group's Ural full of AM rifles.

Stuff 'em.