Sign in to follow this  
iMuzzaa

Hello! (And some questions)

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and hopefully soon, dayz.

I had a few questions regarding the game though, before I buy it.

First, is it worth buying ARMA II: CO for dayz when there is a standalone coming out soon? Also, does anyone know roughly how much the standalone game will cost?

Next, what is the re-playability like in the mod? I've seen people on youtube with lots of episodes of it so I assume it must be quite re-playable?

Finally, what is the mod like overall? Is it fun to play and keeps you entertained for hours? I know asking this on the dayz forums will net some biased answers, but what the hell.

I'll add any more questions I have to this thread when I have them, which I'm sure to have.

Welcome! And I buying CO will be a great choice, first of all you will get some experience before the standalone comes out, and of course have some great fun! The re-playibality is like no other, but i can GUARANTEE you that you will get angered at the game when you first start, you will get killed and raped by bandits or zombies a bajillion times. But you'll keep coming back with the thought in mind "Lets give it another shot"! It happens to all of us, but after a while you will become pro like most. This game will take your life AWAY! Ive sat at my desk for 15 hours at a time playing this mod, its just amazing! out of a 10 i would give this mod a solid 9.5, due to hackers recently its been kinda anoying.

• Like 1

I bought ArmaII just for this mod. i have had it for like a week maybe? and i would already say it was worth the 30 bucks. replayability it a great feature becuase even though you start with the same stuff everytime and faced with the same objectives, the challenge is unique everytime. i am finally starting to be able to stay alive for a little while which is certianly a nice change from the die, die, die, die learning curve you are faced with in the beginning. it gets easier and you get better fast though. a lot is learned with each life. have paitence, you will figure out whats worth your time/risk soon. www.dayzdb.com/map helps a ton.

I had ARMA2 from last year's steam sale. I didn't like it too much. Came across DayZ from one of the Youtubers I subscribe to for BF3. For ~$30 this is a pretty good deal. It's very original. It invokes a lot of emotions and adrenaline.

Best tip: Group up with people so you can figure some things out. Vent/skype/TS is a lot of fun with this. Although soem of your time is spent running to eachother so you can link up.

Note-The steam version is a little harder to get setup properly with Day Z.

Edited by SteveLord

Note-The steam version is a little harder to get setup properly with Day Z.

I used dayz commander so it's okay.

But anyway, I have another question. So patch 95777 was released, and according to dayz commander, none of the servers are running this patch so I basically can't play :( How long roughly is it until most servers update to the latest patch.

Also, is there a way to downgrade to any patch I want as when I looked at all the available servers, there was quite a few active ones which were running older patches.