stingzer

killing players makes clothing temporarily covered in blood that zombies can smell and people can see

THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION I AM NOT SAYING THAT IT IS GOOD I WANT TO HEAR PEOPLES OPINIONS/IDEAS

as the title says, I think it would reduce pvp e.g. the more people you kill the stronger the scent. meaning people defending themselves occasionally wouldn't effect them too badly.

the smell wears away over time or by going to a lake and clicking clean clothes.

Edited by stingzer

Generally speaking...blood wouldn't splatter on you unless you shot someone in the face at close range. No.

NO

thank you for the time you took to write that detailed post its a real eye opener.

if anyone with more than 2 brain cells would like to discuss feel free

Edited by stingzer

Why do you want to reduce pvp? I actually kinda like the idea but you need to take it further and be able to use the blood as lube, mmm enemy blood the best kind of lube. Also you should be able to refill blood bags from enemies.

as the title says, I think it would reduce pvp e.g. the more people you kill the stronger the scent. meaning people defending themselves occasionally wouldn't effect them too badly.

the smell wears away over time or by going to a lake and clicking clean clothes.

Another Bandit punishment Thing.

Ok here the deal if a Player runs from a Firefight he will Temporary shown as an Carebear or Big Chicken Costume so everbody can see how he plays... eventually he can turn back by Fighting against an other player.

• Like 1

Generally speaking...blood wouldn't splatter on you unless you shot someone in the face at close range. No.

this is true but killing someone then magically having a scarf round your head isn't realistic either, sometimes its about making the game better rather than just realistic, I personally want to have a good experience not just a bear grylls simulator.

this is true but killing someone then magically having a scarf round your head isn't realistic either, sometimes its about making the game better rather than just realistic, I personally want to have a good experience not just a bear grylls simulator.

Dont use Dayz as an excuse to drink your own piss.........actually no that should be added as well.

Why do you want to reduce pvp? I actually kinda like the idea but you need to take it further and be able to use the blood as lube, mmm enemy blood the best kind of lube. Also you should be able to refill blood bags from enemies.

wow the maturity of this community is phenomenal, but anyway back on topic: considering rocket is bringing back bandit skins (partially) there is obviously a problem at the moment. im not saying its a good idea I am asking for other peoples opinions so it can be recognised as a good/bad idea

thank you for the time you took to write that detailed post its a real eye opener.

if anyone with more than 2 brain cells would like to discuss feel free

NO

seems people are more interested in being trolls than discussing ideas to improve the game

Edited by stingzer
  • Like 1

2 brain cells?

It takes about that to realise how completely stupid this suggestion is.

unless this is melee only kills, then its actually pretty good.

But you didn't specify, so I'm going to assume what I initially thought.

That somehow if I kill a player at 800m, a bunch of asshole chopper flying sons of bitches are going to fly out of nowhere and dump a bucket of blood over me.. fly off into the sunset laughing at me as zeds Chase me.

ARE YOU SUPPORTING HACKERS??

O.o

Edited by moofactory
  • Like 1

No...no...and NO. First off how is anyone who doesn't like your idea immature? We are allowed to have opinions too and you're suggestion is horrible. Go play candyland if you don't like the idea of PvP, because that is why the game has 1million people.

• Like 2

Maybe to remove the smell part. However, I have been wanting a visual representation of a player's "age/experience". I can see this becoming 'Punisher' like. For every kill (zombie or not) the skin becomes a bit worn and dyed red. That way you can tell who's fresh off the shore.

I think many people like the non-bandit differentiation. The anonymity of not knowing if someone is a PK'er or not.

2 brain cells?

That somehow if I kill a player at 800m, a bunch of asshole chopper flying sons of bitches are going to fly out of nowhere and dump a bucket of blood over me.. fly off into the sunset laughing at me as zeds Chase me.

O.o

if you took the time/intelligence to read what i was saying you would have realised i had already answered the realism aspect

2 brain cells?

O.o

Atleast the idea isnt even new, rocket meantioned he want blood on players hands when looting a body. But this atttracts Zombies?

Heli trwoing blood at you no way.

Imagin a 1000 Meter sniperm shot, then a Tsuami Bloodwave starts getting in your direktion covering you in blood that how the things roll

I have been wanting a visual representation of a player's "age/experience".

This will be implemented sooner or later (you could see this in one of rockets presentations on youtube where in the background one freshly spawned survivor ("noob") and a "veteran" can be seen. The veteran had some beard and dirty/torn clothes going on).

THERE IS NO NEED FOR A BANDIT INDICATOR.

Edited by Jacy

yes, this game is supposed to be realistic and honestly in real life, you wouldn't kill every single person you see... >.> but as for the blood splatter i should only be if you killed someone like point blank or something like that.

what rocket needs to do is to make the zombies a greater threat.

i suggest they reduce the sight range of zombies but increase their ability to hear

but then again. the zombie mechanisms are kinda whack. they have pinpoint accuracy lol..

shoot a bullet and they know EXACTLY where you are xP

• Like 1

No...no...and NO. First off how is anyone who doesn't like your idea immature? We are allowed to have opinions too and you're suggestion is horrible. Go play candyland if you don't like the idea of PvP, because that is why the game has 1million people.

wow the maturity of this community is phenomenal, but anyway back on topic: considering rocket is bringing back bandit skins (partially) there is obviously a problem at the moment. im not saying its a good idea I am asking for other peoples opinions so it can be recognised as a good/bad idea

again if you read what i said i didn't say it was a good idea, i was hoping for a reasonable discussion however with the amount of 13 year old kids and keyboard warriors on this forum that doesn't seem possible

yes, this game is supposed to be realistic and honestly in real life, you wouldn't kill every single person you see... >.> but as for the blood splatter i should only be if you killed someone like point blank or something like that.

i suggest they reduce the sight range of zombies but increase their ability to hear

but then again. the zombie mechanisms are kinda whack. they have pinpoint accuracy lol..

yea i agree zombies need to be more dangerous, I personaly like pvp however having interactions with other players that dont end with a bullet in your head can be nice too.

I liked the idea better that I read here a while ago.

The idea was that when you loot someone,you get blood on your hands and clothes.

It would be even better if the blood on your clothes would increase as you loot more and more corpses.

Like today,when I logged in to a barn,the barn was full of dead players,I counted a total of 8 corpses there,and it increased to a total of 9 when I got slaughtered there.

I looted each one of those corpses,which would make me bloody.

Thats my improvement idea.

LOL

• Like 1

Sorry OP, I dont think this is a good idea, as blood splatter generally goes away from the person when a bullet is involved, unless head shot or you hit a main artery, also you have to be pretty close, and most rifle can shoot at 100m without any problems...

Maybe with a shotgun would?

What about the sniper sitting 800m+ away, blood wouldn't magically go onto him...

Honestly I dont think there is any real way to combat banditry :/ without having serious consequences

It's a nice thought but it would never work :)

And ignore the trolls! :P

AJ

• Like 1

I liked the idea better that I read here a while ago.

The idea was that when you loot someone,you get blood on your hands and clothes.

It would be even better if the blood on your clothes would increase as you loot more and more corpses.

Like today,when I logged in to a barn,the barn was full of dead players,I counted a total of 8 corpses there,and it increased to a total of 9 when I got slaughtered there.

I looted each one of those corpses,which would make me bloody.

Thats my improvement idea.

LOL

I made a thread with a similar suggestion to this earlier =)

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/63454-zombies-smell-blood-and-eat-corpses/#entry605647

Maybe in the first few days of an extinction event people wouldn't kill on site but given time things would change. I reckon inside of a week when all the food stores are looted and whoever is left is armed in some way then it would be a ffa, hell I would put heads on spikes around my property and eat the remains.

If some rubbish like that really would be introduced everyone with a sniper rifle would get an instant hardon.

Or should the blood defy physics and hit the murder even over some 100 yards? ;)