Sign in to follow this  
Ironman UK

Anybody else love the temperature?

I hear ALOT of people complaining about it but I think it's awesome!

Me and two buddies were in the woods and we were getting cold so we set up a fire, it was also night time. We we're scared somebody would see the flames so we put it in a descrete location. We had our guns at the ready as we were getting warm, when all of a sudden I got headshotted by a silenced gun. Somebody was laying in the woods with a silenced gun.

I didn't care that I died, I thought it was awesome, and my friends on skype at that point were scared senseless.

I think the temperature system creates some great moments!

Good job Rocket & team!

I also like the temperature mechanic, but I think it needs some balancing. Today I was playing with my brother and we were getting cold, so we set up a fire in the woods. However, it was too late, my brother started coughing when I was setting up the fire, now I don't want to get to close to him since it is contagious and I don't want to get infected :)

The only problem right now is finding pieces of wood sometimes, but that will be fixed once they add the hatchet. Also I think it drops too fast, and you should gain some temperature when running but I don't see that happening at night, maybe only slightly slowing it down, but it just keeps dropping no matter what (apart from lighting up a fire), sometimes even inside buildings.

I agree it does have some balancing problems but overall its awesome:)

I always make sure I have one piece of wood in my bag at all times for emergencies:P

My problem is that I have no idea where to find wood OR matches. Should have a flint or something to make fires. I mean, it's not like a survivor would only carry matches.. they get wet etc.

It's good, and once the means to manage your temperature are better worked on, it'll be great.

right now wood you can find generally in barns, until they add a hatchet that is. matches it is a safe bet you will find them in a supermarket somewhere.

Yes, it needs some refinement indeed, but it is a nice idea, it forces you to light a fire once in a while and be exposed while doing so. I generally try to have some raw meat before lighting up, seems more efficient that way, two birds with one stone and all that

I didn't like it at all the first few days, but I had a really good experience with it last night:

In very short resume

Starting from scratch at he beach in darkness and heavy rain, seeking shelter to stabilise temp. Waited for a break in the rain to go look for matches. Found a random survivor who was freezing more than me and we went from house to house looking for some fire. Luckily I had a friend come to the beach to rescue us with a warm cozy fire after 30 minutes of moving from shelter to shelter at critical temperature - we survived!

Rest of the night the rain was on and off and had no problems keeping temperature up while moving.

So far I think it's a really nice addition and a interesting feature to the whole survival aspect. I just wish it wouldn't rain as much.

It CAN lock you in place for quite a while if the weather is against you but that's a reasonable trade-off for a essential feature to dayZ.

The whole wood issue is discussed elsewhere, I think that's where the adjustments should be focused.