fearz0r

Will blood packs always need someone else to administer them?

Will you always need someone else to help you apply a blood pack?

NB: To those of you reading this that instantly want reply with comments along the lines of "Play in a team", "don't expect others to instantly help - noob" etc, for the record 95% of the time I'm in a group at least 2-3 of friends. In the case below, it was early on in my gaming experience with Day Z (maybe 3rd-4th day) and not all of my friends were involved at the time. I've been playing Day Z now for a few months. I decided to write this thread as I was simply curious to see if this was a firm feature or subject to change based on community feedback (as this is an Alpha mod) and is it did, what others felt about it changing.

Until I realised I needed help holding my blood pack, I was running around solo with 4-5 blood packs in my Alice Pack. Then one day I was ambushed by a glitched zombie in the floor. He utterly battered me, leaving me with little over 1k blood, broken legs and passing out every minute or so.

Making it into a nearby building (crawling) on the outskirts of Berezino I try to give myself blood. I couldn't work out how to apply the blood pack. I was getting quite frustrated. Then all of a sudden a player comes into the building I was in...

He sees me on the floor and asks "are you ok?" to which I reply "no, not really". He stands there in the doorway, 5-6 feet from me, just staring at me for a minute or so. I can only assume he's wondering how to best kill me, or maybe was alt-tabbing to turn on fraps. I fall unconscious again.. "sigh, will this guy just kill me" I think to myself. Just then he says "need help?", amazed that I haven't been bludgeoned to death by him already, I reply cautiously "umm.. are you friendly then?", "yup" he replies. Just as I start to reply with "ok dude, there's blood packs in my bag.." he whips out an axe and plants it in my face.

Amazingly I didn't die, I fall unconscious again and am bleeding out my last 1000 health... just before dying I realise he's stolen my supplies and has left.

I smile and mutter "c**t" before slipping away into darkness.

I know this promotes team play, but I've never seen this in game. People kill each other of shiggles and because it's easier than helping them. I wish there was maybe a smaller blood pack or method of medically healing yourself with say 2-3k blood, a blood syringe or something.

Anyway, I just thought I ask this question as i've not found anything that answers this through searching the forums.

Edited by Burro
  • Like 1

Are you in trouble? The world isn't pink anymore? Are you a hermit living off the land with no friends? Contact the Medics from the White List and leave your troubles behind!

There is meat for 800 blood each so that idea is not so good i think in my humble opinion.

Will you always need someone else to help you apply a blood pack?

Until I realised I needed help holding my blood pack, I was running around solo with 4-5 blood packs in my Alice Pack. Then one day I was ambushed by a glitched zombie in the floor. He utterly battered me, leaving me with little over 1k blood, broken legs and passing out every minute or so.

Making it into a nearby building (crawling) on the outskirts of Berezino I try to give myself blood. I couldn't work out how to apply the blood pack. I was getting quite frustrated. Then all of a sudden a player comes into the building I was in...

He sees me on the floor and asks "are you ok?" to which I reply "no, not really". He stands there in the doorway, 5-6 feet from me, just staring at me for a minute or so. I can only assume he's wondering how to best kill me, or maybe was alt-tabbing to turn on fraps. I fall unconscious again.. "sigh, will this guy just kill me" I think to myself. Just then he says "need help?", amazed that I haven't been bludgeoned to death by him already, I reply cautiously "umm.. are you friendly then?", "yup" he replies. Just as I start to reply with "ok dude, there's blood packs in my bag.." he whips out an axe and plants it in my face.

Amazingly I didn't die, I fall unconscious again and am bleeding out my last 1000 health... just before dying I realise he's stolen my supplies and has left.

I smile and mutter "c**t" before slipping away into darkness.

I know this promotes team play, but I've never seen this in game. People kill each other of shiggles and because it's easier than helping them. I wish there was maybe a smaller blood pack or method of medically healing yourself with say 2-3k blood, a blood syringe or something.

Anyway, I just thought I ask this question as i've not found anything that answers this through searching the forums.

Blood packs are for healing a friend. Killing animals, gutting them and cooking the meat is for healing yourself.

Ever tried to give yourself a blood transfusion? It's messy, and I'll never do it again.

Yes they will because otherwise solo play will be just too straightforward - Especially with hospitals having upwards of 30 blood packs in them if you're the first person to raid it on a server restart.

A blood pack restores you to at LEAST 11k blood (It should be straight to 12000 every time but sometimes bugs).

It's one of the simpler "rules" written into this experiment that drastically alters the dynamic of it - It allows a solo survivor with everything he could possibly need to still be rendered entirely helpless and be left with nothing they can do on their own. It's one of the only hard mechanics in the game where teamwork is necessary.

I play solo and like how blood bags are setup currently.

Solo play doesn't need any more encouragement imo.

Group-play needs to be encouraged more.

A large portion of people run into the woods on their own. If blood bags could bring them back up to full heath it would be too easy.

Blood packs are for healing a friend. Killing animals, gutting them and cooking the meat is for healing yourself.

Ever tried to give yourself a blood transfusion? It's messy, and I'll never do it again.

lol

Just got hunt some animals and cook the meat for blood...

There is meat for 800 blood each so that idea is not so good i think in my humble opinion.

Yes they will because otherwise solo play will be just too straightforward - Especially with hospitals having upwards of 30 blood packs in them if you're the first person to raid it on a server restart.

A blood pack restores you to at LEAST 11k blood (It should be straight to 12000 every time but sometimes bugs).

It's one of the simpler "rules" written into this experiment that drastically alters the dynamic of it - It allows a solo survivor with everything he could possibly need to still be rendered entirely helpless and be left with nothing they can do on their own. It's one of the only hard mechanics in the game where teamwork is necessary.

I realise that you get eat animals for ~900 blood a piece, but the aforementioned scenario had me with just over 1k blood, broken legs and chronic, uncontrollable sleeping habits. This happened a while ago too, I just thought I'd through the question out there.

Are you in trouble? The world isn't pink anymore? Are you a hermit living off the land with no friends? Contact the Medics from the White List and leave your troubles behind!

It's really quite pathetic that you follow me around this forum trolling my threads. It does shows your age though. Sad little girl.

As a solo player I always carry cooked meat (for blood), morphine (heal broken bones) and painkillers

I know this promotes team play, but I've never seen this in game.

Hint: There's more to team play than just expecting every random asshole you run into to be your best buddy.

If you want to play with a team, find a team and play with it. Don't expect the team to come find you bleeding on the floor and pick you up and carry you off to their castle and feed you grapes and massage your feet.

Blood bags need to remain how they are. They're one of the few mechanics in the game that truly require cooperation.

We need more features like this, not fewer.

As a solo player I always carry cooked meat (for blood), morphine (heal broken bones) and painkillers

Yep, that's how I play now. Shame there's only a handful of animals you can hunt though. Beach or lake fishing would be cool! Maybe this'll change in the future..

Snarky comments aside, white list medics do help. HINT HINT

Hint: There's more to team play than just expecting every random asshole you run into to be your best buddy.

If you want to play with a team, find a team and play with it. Don't expect the team to come find you bleeding on the floor and pick you up and carry you off to their castle and feed you grapes and massage your feet.

wow, maybe reading my post again you'd realise I wasn't expecting anything other than death from the player that came into the building I was in.

I can only assume he's wondering how to best kill me, or maybe was alt-tabbing to turn on fraps. I fall unconscious again.. "sigh, will this guy just kill me" I think to myself.

Jeez.. so many people on these forums are simply itching to have a go at others.

wow, maybe reading my post again you'd realise I wasn't expecting anything other than death from the player that came into the building I was in.

Okay? How would that change my response? I'm not responding to what your expectations were, I'm responding to your ridiculous claim that you've "never seen" team play in the game.

Meanwhile it's fucking everywhere.

It just speaks to the same old attitude of "Do for me because I don't want to do for myself."

I've never played alone in DayZ unless I specifically wanted to and left my team for a few days of solo adventuring.

I can have a team whenever I want.

Because I went out and found one instead of expecting it to come to me.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Okay? How would that change my response? I'm not responding to what your expectations were, I'm responding to your ridiculous claim that you've "never seen" team play in the game.

Meanwhile it's fucking everywhere.

Wow, power to you then dude. You sound like a real go-getter! "Visualise your goal, then take it!" All that crazy stuff.

I'm impressed how you read a short story that was meant to be there for a chuckle to the reader, and now know all there is to know about my play style and gaming methodology. Fair play really.

However, instead of maybe jumping to conclusions and replying with all that emotion, why not simply ask questions or be a little less passive-aggressive? You felt that my "claim" was ridiculous. Why is that? Because it differs from your gaming experience in Day Z? Well dang, I'm sorry I play this game differently to you bub. Sure, I see plenty of team work when I play with my friends, but whenever we've encountered other groups, even soloist in some cases, they've immediately opened fire at us, even when we've been running in the opposite direction.

I've seen literally hundreds of videos on YouTube of players working in teams, and even solo players helping random players in need of help. But going back to my "claim", I have never seen this in game myself. I am sure its there, but I've not experienced it, either on my own or with my friends.

Looking at some of your other comments;

It just speaks to the same old attitude of "Do for me because I don't want to do for myself."

This sounds like a George W. Bush quote.. I'm not sure what you're getting at here mate. In the case of my story I did need help to use the blood pack. I didn't think the guy would help at first. I never even asked him to help, I simply thought he'd just kill me. Also, as mentioned above, this story is from an experience I had ~3 months ago, things have changed since then. I play in a group of friends. We keep away from other players.

I've never played alone in DayZ unless I specifically wanted to and left my team for a few days of solo adventuring.

Again, not sure what your point here is either.

I can have a team whenever I want. Because I went out and found one instead of expecting it to come to me.

umm.. I never suggested I expected a team to come to me, or anyone to help me at all. In this game I really don't expect anything from anyone other than maybe, if they see me they'll try to kill me. That's about it. Hence my first expectation in my story "I can only assume he's wondering how to best kill me". Not sure how you're coming up with these interpretations to be honest mate.

(edited as I forgot some people view the forums in different themes)

Edited by Burro

Oh shit, he brought out the white text.

you knows it.. the gloves come off, the white text comes out! :D

(although it's actually very light-grey)

Edited by Burro

The kicker is I read the forum on the white theme, so I'm just going to imagine he's sitting there huffing and puffing with his hands on his hips thinking of something clever to say.

• Like 1

The kicker is I read the forum on the white theme, so I'm just going to imagine he's sitting there huffing and puffing with his hands on his hips thinking of something clever to say.

Mate, I'm not the one with a huge chip on my shoulder. I really don't care if you have a problem with my thread content, or my replies. I don't know you, I won't ever play this game with you (probably), and so you sitting there in the US replying to my thread is only serving to make me smile and give me something to do while at work. I certainly am not huffing and puffing (haha), as you seem to assume.

Thanks for the input though, made me chuckle. :thumbsup:

yes, and you can probably expect the introduction of even more features that need more than one person to activate them, these will be the elements that Rocket introduces in an effort to force players into more situations where they must "trust" another player.

yes, and you can probably expect the introduction of even more features that need more than one person to activate them, these will be the elements that Rocket introduces in an effort to force players into more situations where they must "trust" another player.

Yeah, I look forward to seeing new features, especially now that it's being made a stand alone game. Exciting times indeed.

It's really quite pathetic that you follow me around this forum trolling my threads. It does shows your age though. Sad little girl.

You really need to develop a sense of humour and read between the lines, I'll help you "Ask for fucking help to the medics of the white list"

You really need to develop a sense of humour and read between the lines, I'll help you "Ask for fucking help to the medics of the white list"

But you're not funny. I could pretend to laugh if that helps?

http://bit.ly/nVDpqe

How's that?