Sign in to follow this  
diszje

Suggestions based on my experience in-game

Hey, I've been playing DayZ actively for a few weeks now and I can really see great potential in this game, but it requires a few fixes/tweaks. So to help the game grow, i decided to share my opinion and hopefully this will reach the developer of the game.

1: Beeing knocked unconscious by zombies: This should be removed asap because for players who roam solo, getting knocked unconscious once is more than enough to die, and a very frustrating way to die aswell, seeing as it is impossible to avoid a single zombie hit the entire game.(i got knocked out on a first hit by a zombie plenty of times, and it really is a pain). Also: make zombies have a maximum chase range?

2: The alt/f4 issue: I saw that they will be adressing this problem soon so here's my suggestion: If you are shot, you cannot log out for the next 5 minutes, doing so will result in your character stil laying there till the time passes with an increased amount of blood loss.

3: Serverhops : I would suggest making all servers character binded, better said: When you create a character on a server, it is only playable on that specific server(like some private servers out there already). For this to work, you would need reliable servers, so I suggest having DayZ company run servers, as blizzard does for example. However, you can make a monthly server hop option for those wanting to change servers and join their friends.

4: Safety zones: This is something which needs discussion, but for me personally, id like to see a base in the far north and far south, where pvp is forbidden, however still possible but with penalties: If you pvp in this zone, you will be hunted by the city guards and you cannot enter the safety zones for an entire month after the incident without beeing chased by them(they should be armed guards with decent ai though) Safety zones should not have guns/ammo, but solely water and food that is limited per player on a 1 hour basis.( example: you can take 2 sodas and 2 meat per hour)

5: Hoarders: This is something which can be fun for a group, but ruins solo player gameplay as they can't find a single vehicle without running into a camp hidden beyond map limits, therefor i suggest making the map smaller around the edges and limited, so people cant hide their stuff one hour walk distance away from the actual map. Also, give the hoarders a way to find out if their camp is beeing raided, so they can try to defend it if needed.( maybe tripwire that sends a message to them on their radio or whatsoever)

6: Cheaters: Obviously improve cheat protection, maybe make server logs detect fishy activity and auto-ban if its obviously cheats(aka 10 guns suddenly spawning in a box...)

These are just my personal suggestions, feel free to discuss in a normal civilised manner.

Ps: Sorry for any english errors which might be in there.

Edited by diszje

1: Perfect as it is. If you let a zombie get close enough to hit you, you should pay for it.

2: How do you think it works currently?

3: Nope, not in the current Hive/server based format...what if your server is full? DDoS all day?

4: Nope, no safe zones...that is just stupid. Zones where you can trade, and that are somewhat protected from zombies, that bandits can raid....sure

5: You can't have camps outside of the map limit...vehicles will get despawned. Suggest you get better at searching.

6: D'oh

Basicly, meh Alpha.

Zombies can pop through walls, speed into a house unexpected, there's no way to avoid it.

currently if you log out; your character disspears, making people unable to loot you

i suggested company run servers, aka no more player run servers

safe zones are a personal thing, needs discussion ye

I didnt mean far outsid, i mean the woods way away from any village, where no normal player would bother going

Ow and i almost forgot: remove thermal, as much as i enjoyed having it myself, it's really unfair.

No for everything execpt for the Cheaters.

The game is good as it is and will force people to stick together to stay alive

well, based on this level of uselessness we can say it was a waste

No for everything execpt for the Cheaters.

The game is good as it is and will force people to stick together to stay alive

Not everyone can use their mics etc everytime during gameplay, alot of people prefer to play alone.

I'm talking about the general growth of the game, i know some individuals won't like that because it makes their playstyle less privileged.