As far as coming up with adequate squad size what would be a good number. I know it can be as small as 2 and as big as you want it but what would be a good number the biggest group I've run around with has been 4 we usually have 2 on overwatch while the other two loot. So I guess just to ask over as a general question:

What is a good squad size to usually roll with?

Since I know too many makes you easy to spot and too small might leave you undermanned.

What do you guys think?

That's actually a good question. A small team possibly is the best. Like what you are saying 4 for a team is good. Though again, it is sometimes nice to have extra eyes on multiple directions from outside the city; because sometimes you may get into a situation where your main over watch lost sights on you. Which actually happened to me yesterday. I would say anywhere from 4-8 would be a good number to roll with.

I think 4 is a steady number. If you have more, your VOIP can get really crowded and it becomes hard to communicate. A bandit would feel uneasy engaging a group of 4 decently geared survivors.

Most people are definitely going to agree that 3-4 is the best number. If you're using VOIP (which if you're working in a group you should) it can get very loud & confusing unless everyone's talking on an extremely need to know basis.

3-4 is enough.

We've tried 8-9 and its just horrible. Esp on servers with no name tags, which we all prefer, its hard to identify people and we go in feeling a little immune.

Conversely 3-4 people is a lot more efficient and fun. Tighter group and its easier to keep an eye on

Squads of 4 work nice. If at night, I prefer only having a one other player as my wingman; it's very hard to coordinate at night with groups (unless you all have NVG or something).

What is a good squad size to usually roll with?

Since I know too many makes you easy to spot and too small might leave you undermanned.

What do you guys think?

personally i trust completly whoever im on mic with, and i will be ok with anyone joining the group without them joining our mic chat or being the same number as we are.

my reasons are that i dont want them to know everything we are saying for lots of different things.

if they give us a reason not to trust them, we can give the kill word and remove them before they kill us.

and we can monitor them without them realising, if we outnumber the stragglers joining us they can never have a clean shot on us directly without great risk, and if they do try to pick us off, refer to my second point.

if im on my own, i will almost never hang around someone else unless i have nothing to lose.