mind_grenade

Load times in 1.7.2.4

I stopped playing a few weeks ago but since I saw heli's were back I am giving it another go... What the fuck happened to load times?

I've been sitting on loading for 9 1/2 minutes now (timed). I used to get in 3 minutes at the absolute most. Anyone else finding this?

Only on some servers, some are just as quick or even quicker than they used to be. One sure fire way to increase the times is to access a server directly from within the Arma mulitplayer menu. It's not quite as user friendly but it saves you from basically re-booting the game whenever you want to try a different server.

Your computer must be shit, sir.

Actually, its due to object cleanup having been bugged for the past 2 patches, known bug

Actually, its due to object cleanup having been bugged for the past 2 patches, known bug

It's also the main performance inhibitor in cities.

In all seriousness. Try playing on 95389 servers instead of 95417 if that's what you're doing. They load much quicker.

In all seriousness. Try playing on 95389 servers instead of 95417 if that's what you're doing. They load much quicker.

The only load quicker if they have been rebooted recently. Its a known confirmed bug across all servers, object clean is bugged =2-10 minute loading time.

I'm not sure this is entirely accurate either though. We are on 95417 and our load times are good once the server is started (in and playing within 30 seconds). Over time they get worse and after about 5 hours of being live, it takes about 2 minutes. Still not terrible, but not too bad. I think it's just the servers. It's hit or miss on how they are configured and when they have been rebooted.

Edited by Paronity

Oh ok, that explains it. I swear the last patches have just been trying to get the connectivity better and add security and it's all just gone to shit in those aspects anyway. 1,000,000 players would do that though I guess. Either that or all the dev time is going towards the ArmA3 build of DayZ ;)