Sign in to follow this  
zombiejun

Hunting knife - able to finish unconcious players

Hello Survivors, bandits and what's in between :)

The title pretty much shows what i what i wanted to tell people, could be cool to add to the game ^_^

if you have a hunting knife, you should be able to finish off an unconcious player by scrolling your mousewheel on his body, and then select "finish off player" and then with a cool animation kill the player completely :}

pros:

- fast stealth kill, that doesn't attract zombies attention as a gunshot to the head would

- hunting knife would server more than a single purpose

- Doesn't cost valueable ammonition

Cons:

- could accidently be missclicked if you want to drag your friends body, but if the creators fo the mod just put the option in the bottom of the menu, it wont happen - hopefully.

Can't think of more, tell me in the comments if you have thought of something ^^

/out.

Edited by zombiejun
  • Like 4

Could be a good idea so you got my beanz..

Now let's see how many...

"you can do it with a hatchet you fag" bla blah blah!

WHAT IF HE HASN'T GOT ONE!!!

:)

• Like 1

Yes to a finishing kill with the knife...no to wasting time making the knife an actual melee weapon.

3 times yes, on waiting for the standalone.

Rather see the mod be used for more experimental features.

I'd say no to the idea. There's already have too many hyperactive COD players within Day Z, giving them a "l337" weapon will just encourage them!

Where guys did you been that whole time. I was waitting for any new suggestions that can be cool, something fresh. I'm bored with "delete that weapon" and any other cries ;c

well, actually you can't do it with a hatchet, you have to unequip main weapon, put it in backpack, remove axe from toolbelt, hit player 1 - 2 times, remove axe from inventory, equip mainweapon from the backpack..

what i'm talking about, is scrolling your wheel, choose option "stab player", job's done :)

Good idea OP, this would be nice for PVP.

It would also be good for say if one of your companions is injured but you can't get them up and you want to end their misery.