Tommy Karlsson

Arma 2 key for the server?

I´m thinking of starting a server and have hardware (2500k@4,2 16gig) and bandwith (100MB) for it (arma 2 is bought on steam).

But i´m not really sure if i need too buy another copy of arma 2 (and maybe OA too) since you need to install everything on again on the server.

I do game on another machine that will NOT be on when i´m not gaming on it (far to loud).

I know you can install steam and arma 2 on another computer using steam and "authorize" steam on that computer since i done that when swapping motherbord.

The question is can i run the server on one computer and game on the other using the same arma key?

I´m leaning at NO for now and don´t really want to try and get my steam or arma 2 banned,locked or someting like that.

So an answer would be nice.

And i have been seraching around for around 2 hours now and not found anything about this (only many,many treads,posts about servers saying the key is already in use).

So i´m really sorry if this have been answered anywhere already (that i could not find).

Edited by Tommy Karlsson

I´m thinking of starting a server and have hardware (2500k@4,2 16gig) and bandwith (100MB) for it (arma 2 is bought on steam).

But i´m not really sure if i need too buy another copy of arma 2 (and maybe OA too) since you need to install everything on again on the server.

I do game on another machine that will NOT be on when i´m not gaming on it (far to loud).

I know you can install steam and arma 2 on another computer using steam and "authorize" steam on that computer since i done that when swapping motherbord.

The question is can i run the server on one computer and game on the other using the same arma key?

I´m leaning at NO for now and don´t really want to try and get my steam or arma 2 banned,locked or someting like that.

So an answer would be nice.

And i have been seraching around for around 2 hours now and not found anything about this (only many,many treads,posts about servers saying the key is already in use).

So i´m really sorry if this have been answered anywhere already (that i could not find).

I copied my key from the registry from my Home PC for my server :) Worked a charm

They give you a key file for your server when you're approved.