Sign in to follow this  
ChRis Davies

Reading the tips and tactics.

I read all the way through it and it kept referring to this basic equipment, 'your pistol, canteen' etc. I don't have any of those things. I start with pain pills, bandages and a torch. Was it an update that has taken that basic equipment away? Or is it a fault of my installation?

Some other noobish questions that are optional answers are;

Where can I find a weapon?

I found a crowbar and equipped it but cannot hit infected with it?

Is there a specific place I should go too to make friends to play with?

I'm using the keypad to talk to people on the map for advise and no one responds, am I doing something wrong or are they not responding?

Before all the 1337's here start getting aggressive, I do apologise. I'm just trying to get some bearings so I know what I'm slightly doing. Thank you for all support given here, thank you so much :)

Probably best to watch some videos on YouTube - try SideStrafe's channel - his are pretty good for new players.

Ok, thanks. I watched some videos about this yesterday. Am I suppose to get those weapons though? The starter pistol?

First of all welcome,

You are probably watching old vids where you used to spawn with a pistol...now gone.

Best thing is jump on YouTube and watch some vids, easy to find, in my sig is some vids of me and my bro, not tutorial just general game play :)

Good luck out there and search for those BEANZ!!

:)

AJ

No weapons on start =)

Deer stands/barns have being the best places for weapons. Axe is good for some ninja kills =)

I hear that Cherno and Elecktro are good places to meet people or for a real good time try the NWAF.. Very friendly people there.. They like giving you ammo usually from long distances... Enjoy my friend

I start with pain pills, bandages and a torch. Was it an update that has taken that basic equipment away? Or is it a fault of my installation?

Its intended. The post referring to starting with makarov are old. These days its just the things you mentioned.

I hear that Cherno and Elecktro are good places to meet people or for a real good time try the NWAF.. Very friendly people there.. They like giving you ammo usually from long distances... Enjoy my friend

Ha ha.

Thanks people. I was wondering if there was something wrong. From what I have read so far I should always start on the Coast with bugger all.. I need to find a barn to get a pistol or rifle. Don't know how to get people to follow just shoot me. Stay away from cities and towns until I am armed with more than my penis and it's lemonade. Thanks for all this advise people, so far a really good community! :D

If anyone can be bothered can you tell me how I can get friends this nubbish?

yeah some of the starting equipment has been updated out.

weapons can be found just about anywhere, usually takes a little while to find one though. deerstands are pretty likely to have a gun and/or ammo. the weapon you'll probably find quickest is a hatchet. to use that, right click and select 'remove from toolbelt' to equip it as a weapon.

best bet to find people to play with is probably here: http://dayzmod.com/f...14-survivor-hq/

for the in-game chat, use 'direct chat' to talk to other players, but that's only to people who are nearby. i don't think any more servers have 'global chat' but if they do, you can use that to talk to anyone else on the server.

also, i'd watch a few youtube let's play videos to get a general grasp of the game.

good luck!

Edited by socom77