Sign in to follow this  
Turbobayer

Safe AI Bases using the Bandit/Survivor Humanity

Hey Guy's just read the "Ford Friendly" Thread

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/62185-fort-friendly-20-social-experiment/

and finally i've got an idea

....... sorry for my fu'' bad english

What about 2 or 3 Stationary Forts/Bases placed on the Map, with AI-survivor-soldiers defending it ?

like, your humanity says you're a bandit,

- the AI will shoot you if you come near to the Base

- the AI will shoot you if you shoot at them

- if you are ultra-awesome and you killed all AI, you actually cannot open the Doors of the Base

but as a Survivor-humanity

- no AI will shoot at you

- you can simply walk in

- meet and greet with others

- get food, get blood and share items

- feel save to disconnect and reconnect

I think at a Base in size of the Medicalbase close to the Airstrip SW with Sandbags around it, Spotlights at the Night etc..

This would bring a new aspect into the game, I would'd really like to enjoy !

Turbo, good morning..

your ruining the whole concept of the game

1. No.

2. I'd collect all the M203 HEs I could find, get an M16A2 with an M203 on it. Then I'd find your fort and level it.

3. Rocket has said before, no AI protected towns. You want a protected town/base? Get REAL people to do it.

Good luck with number 3.

And how do you enter/exit said bases when every bandit on the server is camping the approaches?

1. No.

2. I'd collect all the M203 HEs I could find, get an M16A2 with an M203 on it. Then I'd find your fort and level it.

3. Rocket has said before, no AI protected towns. You want a protected town/base? Get REAL people to do it.

Good luck with number 3.

On number 2, who says you can level it? Building can be undestrustable. The point behind what the OP is trying to say to you is that there needs to be a place where players can communicate. Right now you go into a city and are forced to shoot everyone. Game is rather boring when you play by yourself so this idea will provide two things:

More social game play. You actually will probably see squads of 3+ going into the city with convoys. I would expect much more intense battles.

In a real life zombie apocalypse you will obviously have huge safe havens somewhere in the world along with small camps. There's no reason to abandon the whole create your tent/camp thing, but there should be a refuge where players can trade. These areas give players the chance to trade items/upgrade/meet new friends.

And how do you enter/exit said bases when every bandit on the server is camping the approaches?

You allow an AI helicopters to evac u out every 10 min to 10+ random locations over the map. Convoys can go out. Perhaps cars can spawn in there.

If a bandit is camping outside of it, please note u will probably be facing players in groups exiting....

You allow an AI helicopters to evac u out every 10 min to 10+ random locations over the map. Convoys can go out. Perhaps cars can spawn in there.

If a bandit is camping outside of it, please note u will probably be facing players in groups exiting....

No AI of any kind should be implemented. You want an evacuation? Have a real player do it, same with the convoy.