jspenge

Same gear different server

I have the same gear on every server I join I just want to start from the beginning again I don't understand why its doing this. If i die on one server will i loose all my gear on the original server please help. any advice tips or anything as a matter a fact would help.

same character on all servers. If you die you lose everything and need to restart.

Doesn't matter what server you're on

I thought you could have different toons on different servers like an mmo? So one guy for ever server... wow thats kinda lame. Wanted to start over with out having to die and lose my nvgs, gillie suit and all that jazz

It's a central server that keeps your characters location, debug information (blood, thirst, hunger, pain etc.) and equipment. This server is called the "Hive".

If you wish to restart without the restart having any effect on your currently existing character, you'd need to join a server without "Hive" as an expansion in the server browser (keep in mind, that server is the only one that saves your character, you will not be able to move it or access it on other servers).

Okay thank you for that i guess ill go player hunt till i die and cam start over sorry if i kill you!

I thought you could have different toons on different servers like an mmo? So one guy for ever server... wow thats kinda lame. Wanted to start over with out having to die and lose my nvgs, gillie suit and all that jazz

So you want to re-start the game...but with a Gillie and NVG at re-spawn....

no not at all i want to create a different guy whom doesnt already have these things

How does someone who doesn't know that all the servers are connected...wind up with a ghillie suit and NVGs?