runeedk

Possible graphic glitch fix for Nvidia GPU's

When i started playing this game it was the 1.7.2.3 version, and it didn't have any of the graphic glithes, but the 1.7.2.4 has.

I was raiding the NW airfield with one of my friends when he started talking about his screen bugging black, white and grey, and he said that he couldn't raid the airfield with me. I didn't understand what he was talking about since i didn't have any of the glistches. So i figured it must have been something i had done, then i remembered a thread i saw on ModDB about ArmA 2 optimization, and i followed it. It might just be because of the tweaks i made, that causes it to not bug.

LINK:

http://www.moddb.com...te-tweak-thread

-Quote from thread

Nvidia control panel:

Ambient Occlusion - Off

Anisotropic Filtering - Application controlled

AntiAliasing Gamma Correction - On

AntiAliasing Mode - Application controlled

AntiAliasing Setting - Application controlled

AntiAliasing Transparency - Off

Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames - 8

Multi-Display/GPU Accelaration - Single Displace Performance Mode

Power Management Mode - Prefer Maximum Performance

Texture Filtering Sample Optimization - On

Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias - Allow

Texture Filtering Quality - High Performance

Texture Filtering Trilinear Optimization - On

Threaded Optimization - Auto

Tripple Buffering - Off

Vertical Sync - Off

​I followed all the tweaks (except the FOV ones) and i didn't get the glitch, but i recenty changed everything to default, and then i started getting the map glitches.

I hope the thread helps, and if someone could please try to see if this works, i would be happy

No glitches so far, i just hope it will stay that way! :D

Edited by RuneE
  • Like 2

I got the exact problems last night at the NW Airfield, will try this when I get home! thanks :)

Allright, Thanks :D

I really hope this will solve the problem.

I can't get to the NW Airfield because i don't have a vehicle.

There is another trick, hold Shift while pressing "-" on your numpad and type "flush"

hold="Shift" press="-" type="-flush"

Would some one with a car please try to apply some of the changes and then drive to NW airfield

This seemed to work for me! I was in Balota airstrip with no problems. Completely forgetting about the artifacts I was tinkering with my video settings cos I was getting a bit of a slow FPS. Something caused the artifacts to appear and I couldn't get out of them!

Closed the game, made the settings the same as the list above, log back in and perfect! I could see! Now I just have to get out of there alive...

with the exception of

Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames - 0

those are my exact settings. Graphics are glitching like a mother... after a while on the server. I'll try with 8, but I would be very very surprised if this worked.

Note: glitches are almost always "fixed" when newly joining a server, they creep back in after half an hour of playing or so (relatively randomly).

Edited by wahnsinn