Sign in to follow this  
ScienceMan

Bullet Proof Vest

I was just thinking it may be a cool idea to incorporate bullet proof vests. You could do this in several mechanics.

-It could absorb a set amount of damage before it runs out.

-It could reduce a certain percentage of all damage to the wearer.

-it would reduce damage a little bit but it would greatly reduce chance of bleeding from gun shots.

This of course would be a type of clothing so you have to choose between this or a ghille suit... It may level the field against snipers...

If you wanted to go the extra mile you could make different levels of armor.

• Like 2

*sigh* Yes, because OBVIOUSLY, ceramic plating can absorb an ANTI-MATERIAL 50 Caliber round.

Oh also, no.

Maybe with a gun like a Lee, instead of a one shot kill it would knock you out and cause you to start bleeding out like a grenade would. You'd have to be shot in the chest though, and really you'd still die since the player would just shoot you again while you're on the ground...

You already have body armour on Recruit/regular/veteran servers, by default......Not enough for you?

Even I have seen this topic mentioned a month ago,two weeks ago,week ago...search option doesn't exist in your brain most likely...and yes they would be nice thing,but it won't be much a change,as mentioned 50. calibar will break through you even if you add plate armor on you...and other snipers same.

funny i was about to make a post on this as well, i might make it later when im not busy, anyway..

The weapons in this game such as SMG's, Pistols and some assault rifles such as the ak74's have been heavily nearfed. Taking up to 14 shots to kill a player! more than the magazine capasity. Now I think having a bullet proof vest is a great idea but first we either have to increase the damage on these weapons, or lowering our blood count from 12k to 10k, and when you put on a vest it increases it to 12k again or something similar.

Here are the weapon damage tables. Something has to be done with these weapons before we introduce bullet proof vests.

http://dayzdb.com/news/weapon-changes-in-arma2-162

These nerfed weapons are apsolutely USELESS. 12-14 shots to kill a player is f*cking rediculous.

Yea the AS50 would penetrate, but I think the lower velocity rifles would not be able to. Especially if you were shot from a distance.

It just seems like everyone and their grandma want a ghille suit. I am trying to think of alternative clothing ideas that would cause a decision to be made. Like you could have the AS50, but the DMR allows nightvision. You could use a silenced gun, or you could do more damage. I just want another choice...

Edited by ScienceMan