Vort3x

Hackerz all over

I know there has been a hundred threads about this, but its something that needs to be fixed, in 5 hours of gameplay I encoutered a total of 11 hackers.

I mean, its alpha everyone knows, its also a mod sure sure, stand alone will be different yeah.. but in 5 hours 11 hackers?

Saw 4 servers get knocked out (all players killed), 2 ammo/gun crates in electro, 2 weapon replacements, 3 teleporters followed by death of the entire server. The death of at least 400-500 people there, considering I was always playing on full servers.

Each and every event at a different server, Im okay about losing my stuff, I really don't care, and I won't stop playing the game because of this things, but the problem needs some attetion.

And I know battle eye is doing what they can, but maybe what they can isn't enough? There has to be some changes or we will all fall in the hands of hackers and the mod will soon be lost.

Im openning this thread to discuss about something we can do to change this, not to complain or anything, so be polite, give ideas. Maybe somehow it reaches the dev team ears, and I know it isn't in their hands to change the anti-cheating but if us and them unite we can achieve something maybe.

Edited by Vort3x
  • Like 2

It's getting worse and worse...

One of the reasons not to introduce the "20 seconds wait to disconnect" feature, is because of all the hackers. Whenever a hacker teleports people to one location, im glad i can disconnect really quick...

I think the devs are really underestimating the problem. I'd say hacking and the graphical glitches makes the game very hard to play.

- Hmm finding a short term solution might be hard, but maybe they should build some admin/log tool to scan the logs on suspicious behavior?

- Invest more time in solving hacking issues, then introducing new features.

- Since the arma dev team is creating beta patches, why not create a special beta patch just for DayZ to solve some client side hacking/cheating issues?

Besides, the hyve shoudl check on distances before it saves a location of a player. That might solve the teleport issue.

Nothing will ever change.

I refuse to believe it. The power stands in the hand of the masses, if we don't believe in our power then really nothing will change, but Im not willing to accept the fact that people prefer it this way, or don't want to change.

Some things HAVE to change sometimes, this is one of this things. if we unite we can do everything, if we stay and work together, things can change.

Stan

IMHO I don't even care about the graphical glitches, cuz I know it will be fixed, its just a little bug.

Im more worried about the hackers, its a much much bigger problem.

I think that a beta patch for hacking issues would be GREAT, someithng like not being able to use scripts would solve 90% of the hacks I believe.

Edited by Vort3x

Agreed to everything you mentioned in your last post Vort3x :-)

Thank you :)

I think its a liitle late for people to think about this now haha, will bump it tomorrow morning :D

I refuse to believe it. The power stands in the hand of the masses, if we don't believe in our power then really nothing will change, but Im not willing to accept the fact that people prefer it this way, or don't want to change.

Some things HAVE to change sometimes, this is one of this things. if we unite we can do everything, if we stay and work together, things can change.

Stan

IMHO I don't even care about the graphical glitches, cuz I know it will be fixed, its just a little bug.

Im more worried about the hackers, its a much much bigger problem.

I think that a beta patch for hacking issues would be GREAT, someithng like not being able to use scripts would solve 90% of the hacks I believe.

You wont change anything, until you give the admins the power they need, to get rid of these fucks called hackers. Due to the BI-bypass method an admin will never have the chance to proof somebody is hacking. So if he bans him on purpose, the server will get reported and blacklisted. The whole system is crap!

• Like 1

im not seeing full servers anymore. its a shame

funny that dayz reached 1million players though