Sign in to follow this  
DeadSight

My First Murder (Video Included)

While looting the NE Airfield on a low population recruit server, I noticed a ton of zombie dots from the nearby town Krasnostov. I had been nowhere near there, so I assumed a player would be passing through there to get to the airfield. Luckily, I am able to take him out before he spotted me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA9VIpsArGM

Please give me your feedback and subscribe for more gameplay :D

• Like 3

Havnt watched yet but want to secure a first page post

Will edit

EDIT: Nice shots, good kill and all that jazz, did he have anything good on him?

Edited by HamTheBacon

nice work bud!

Although personally I cant stand those kinds of servers (:

Edited by kozzy

Not that impressive. So many aids that you'd have to be completely retarded to not hit.

Stationary target and known range you should've got the headshot.

nice work bud!

Although personally I cant stand those kinds of servers (:

Thanks mate! And yeah I was still pretty new to the Arma2 engine, but now im up to regular and veteran servers :P

Once you get used to the Arma engine and other 'alpha mod' mechanics you need to learn to fully utilize day z, you should never touch a recruit server again. Peripheral dots and nameplates make it so if you don't successfully snipe someone with a zero-able rifle, you should uninstall. Next time do as Zymi said, line up the head shot, that way if he/she is an Alt+F4 pussy it will not matter, they're still dead as hell.

Ummmm..... the guy was 200m away and stationary - what was so impressive about this exactly?

Heroic rolling!

Ummmm..... the guy was 200m away and stationary - what was so impressive about this exactly?

Please, point me to the part where I said it was impressive. It was my first kill, about 2 weeks into playing the game.

I enjoyed it - never saw a recruit server before this though... :huh:

I played regular once and hated name plates! Never again!

200 zombie kills and it's your first murder? My first murder was at 4 and my second at 16.

:P

My story goes that I was in the Elektro fire station, top floor. I logged out and then came back an hour later on a different server. I come downstairs and there's a guy camping behind all these sandbags and barbed wire with an M1014. So, since I climbed down the stairs behind him I unloaded my AK-74 Kobra into his back. He didn't have any good loot.

:(

Okay so...

You were on a server that highlighted zombies and nameplates. You learned where he was using zombie indicators. You then proceeded to keep track of him by moving your cursor to highlight his name. Then, you waited for him, knowing his distance, shot him twice, and killed him for no reason when you could have very easily avoided him. Congratulations? No offense but everyone does this, and they do it without aids like nameplates and those zombie indicator things. And they do it to people who are actually armed. And when the person is standing still at a known distance, they usually don't take two shots.

Sorry but, it seemed kind of like just another unnecessary murder of an unarmed person that could have easily been avoided. To each his own though, so congratulations on killing a guy.

• Like 1

Have you been playing on near empty servers this whole time? Cause that would explain why that's your first murder. Honestly the game must have been reeaally boring without players.

I've yet to kill another player (I did once, we unloaded on eachother and both died but until I survive afterwards I won't count it) so I can't say much. But at least play on a veteran or regular server. Recruit is the worst. I mean zombie indicators? Does that shit even exist in game? That looked hacked, honestly.

My first ever kill was between Polana and the summit of Malinovka. I noticed a guy being chased around by zombies and shooting in the open field. I ran behind some trees, trying to track his movements. After a while, he was crawling on the ground with a zombie behind him. My first instinct was to think he was looking for me so I shot him once with my enfield out of fear, killing him instantly - it was a headshot. Now that I know the game a bit better, I think his bones were broken and I could have helped him out. I then looted his body nervously, checked out his name (don't remember now) and left his FAL because I was worried for the scarcity of ammo. My own life was ended at the NW airfield (long hike). My first death in the game was by zombies. The two previous ones were by other players shooting my weaponless ass when I was saluting them.