donakowski1@gmail.com

I have never experienced a Hacker...

I'm always seeing post about people wanting to give up on the game because they come across hackers and what not. Am I the only one who has not come across one? Never had my legs instantly broke, turned into a dog, Thunderdomed(whatever that is) none of that. This game has given me nothing but an amazing and super fun/stressful experience. *Knock on Wood*

• Like 3

All of that happened to me, being a dog was fucking awesome XD, but yea your a lucky guy you.

• Like 1

I hope your DayZ profile name does not match your forum name, for your sake. You've just chummed the waters.

• Like 1

You are either incredibly lucky or don't play very often :)

If I sit down for a 4-6 hour DayZ session it's almost guaranteed I will be hit by a hacker once or twice.

• Like 1

Same, but I never play on full servers which attract hackers

0 hackers in 175 hours

• Like 1

1 minute ago

good thing i knew when my guy just randomly put his gun away it was going to happen and started aborting lol

20urjis.jpg

Edited by Buffjesus

people like to blame everything on hackers but they are rare. However, admin abuse and duping is nearly as bad as outright hacking and is extremely common. Every clan you see will claim "everything is legit" but that's bullshit. Most large groups dupe and admins often favor their group by raiding other people's camps. They know exactly where everything on the map is, which is pretty much maphack+baghack(they can see your items)+ they know where and how people die.

Edited by Helsing
  • Like 1

Heres the secret to avoiding hackers in DayZ.

Join empty/low population ( < 6 players) servers.

You're not likely to see a hacker. Or anyone else for that matter.

• Like 2

I've never seen a thread saying 'I have never experienced a hacker'. I don't know why you guys keep saying they exist.

people like to blame everything on hackers but they are rare. However, admin abuse and duping is nearly as bad as outright hacking and is extremely common. Every clan you see will claim "everything is legit" but that's bullshit. Most large groups dupe and admins often favor their group by raiding other people's camps. They know exactly where everything on the map is, which is pretty much maphack+baghack(they can see your items)+ they know where and how people die.

Oh and I've never met a server admin without a vehicle. Crazy coincidence that admins always have vehicles in their server although they could never get a vehicle in a server not hosted by them.

I sure hope we get official servers in standalone..

I have over 300 hours played and have not been killed by a hacker either, playing on completely random servers. Like with most things here people overreact too much, wouldn't surprise me if half of the complaints here were total bullshit the same way people complain about hackers in BF3 every time they get owned.

• Like 2

How do they know where everything on the map is?

Actually I'm in a clan and I'll damn well tell you all our shit isn't legit. But...let me clarify, its not that we have a bunch of hacked vehicles and weapons that we shouldn't have...its the fucking tents. We put shit in our tents, we log out, we log back in and we've still got our shit, but the shit is in the tent too. Now while I'm sure some people do this with the full intent of exploiting it...all I can say is the dupes my clan has are because of the bug ass state of this alpha.

I duped my crap once changing into a camo suit we found. I took off my backpack and put it in my tent, the camo suit put a backpack on me and it had all the crap I had in my backpack that I put in the tent. Pulled the backpack out of the tent and there were copies of everything in it. I wasn't doing this on purpose its just what happened.

Only hacker I ever encountered was on a standard Arma 2: OA multiplayer server. Turned everyone into cows.

Edited by Dingus
  • Like 1

Heres the secret to avoiding hackers in DayZ.

Join empty/low population ( < 6 players) servers.

You're not likely to see a hacker. Or anyone else for that matter.

You're also incredibly unlikely to see other players.. the one thing that makes this mod interesting.

How do they know where everything on the map is?

admins have tools that allow them to see everything. Obviosly it's not a map that you can zoom in and what not, it's just writting. But all the information is there. I was playing in a server and the admin was talking on teamspeak. He said "nice mk48 and m107, but isn't that too much firepower for one person?" He also knew exactly where I was, he knew I had the m107 in my bag, all in a pitch black night where the m107 doesn't leave the bag. He also told us how vehicles were destroyed and how people died. He told us the bus was destroyed by the M203 for example, and that my friend died to a bizon.

Edited by Helsing

I play on servers with low pop. yet I still encounter a few players here and there, and the only time I met a hostile player...he killed me and let me come back to get my stuff. The server restarted prior to me getting everything back, so he took me to his camp and gave me a few supplies including an M4A1 CCo SD.So I suppose I'm damn lucky..

It's funny because me neither lol...

-yes i do play often

-yes i do play for an extended amount of time

-i also do play with a group of people

I guess im just lucky or pick the right servers ;)

admins have tools that allow them to see everything. Obviosly it's not a map that you can zoom in and what not, it's just writting. But all the information is there. I was playing in a server and the admin was talking on teamspeak. He said "nice mk48 and m107, but isn't that too much firepower for one person?" He also knew exactly where I was, he knew I had the m107 in my bag, all in a pitch black night where the m107 doesn't leave the bag. He also told us how vehicles were destroyed and how people died. He told us the bus was destroyed by the M203 for example, and that my friend died to a bizon.

We can see what is in your inventory. That's it?

We can see what is in your inventory. That's it?

Also how we die, and locations of things.

I can't remember the last game where I didn't experience a hack. Last one was I was given an AS50 with ghillie, NV, RF - the works. So this hack helped me, and I'm fine with that - if I'm going to play this game, may as well embrace it as no longer a game about apocolyptic survival but instead a game about apocolyptic survival which happens to have random super god like human beings who can do anything they want. Lets pretend that instead of a Cancer curing virus like in I Am Legend that scientists also discovered the full potential of quantum physics at the same time and a few people managed to have the knowlege beamed into their brains and now control every atom.

Edited by TheWalkingDude
  • Like 1