Sign in to follow this  
Zidago

Murderer Bloodlust

I have an idea for what happens to those who play only for PVP. I have done a search and nothing has come up (I half arsed it). It is not a punishment, but a repercussion.

The idea is that after a certain number of murders has occured against your name, (fluff) a sort of psychological problem occurs. This takes the form of screen shakes, the character making noises, not being able to holster weapons around people or aiming down the barrel automatically when ever you move the mouse over another player. The only way to put yourself at ease is to murder another player again.

In other words:

1. Murder a certain amount of people (lets say 15)
  2. Bloodlusting psychosis takes over
  3. An invisible countdown timer kicks in
  4. When countdown timer ends, a physical problem takes place
  5. Murdering someone resets the timer (maybe shortening it too) and removes the physical issue you might have
  6. If you dont murder anyone for a certain amount of time, you no longer have the psychosis but a couple more kills brings it back

What does everyone think? It benefits both those who enjoy the PVP side of things and those who don't. PVPers have to keep on murdering or it gets harder to play, survivors have a greater chance of getting away and also getting the drop on a murderer.

Edited by Zidago
  • Like 1

I have a better idea: Instead of trying to get game mechanics manipulated to punish actions you deem unfit or immoral, start punishing them in-game, yourself.

The same tools these people are using to break your rules are available to you to punish them for their sins. Pick up your rifle, saddle up your bicycles, and roll out with your posse.

The only law in DayZ is made by players. The only morality is decided by players. If you want it to change, demonstrate the courage of your convictions and make it happen.

If---as most people who post suggestions like this seem to think---there are lots of people who feel the same way as you do, it should be no problem recruiting allies to your cause.

...or, instead of being a man, you can kneel in the dust, praying to Rocket for salvation while the savage hordes of DayZ kill your men, rape your women, enslave your children, gorge on your livestock, and salt your fields, insuring that the only god known to man is chaos incarnate.

• Like 2

Dont say bullshit random51, we all know why people jerking around. Its not they "role play" brutal world only because they feel anonymouse and there is no consequences of being bad. So they run around like berserks hiting anything they can, or just warm ass on camping spawn zones. Time to change this and cut easy mode of bad players. Let they start shake they ass like "good" one. And any way to give conseqence of playing bad is always welcome, so true "bad" players have they hardcore challange, and rest of pussies will just start use something more in gameplay than shoot shoot shoot anything they see..

Edited by Dalegor Dobrutro
  • Like 1

Oh god, where in my post does it say I have a problem with how people play? I made a suggested idea because I think it would be fun to implement it. Rather sad seeing people jump to conclusions so easily here. Hell, I've murdered my share (only in my last character though) and I had fun, but I prefer goign survival mode more. Think first before making complaints please.

I have a better idea: Instead of trying to get game mechanics manipulated to punish actions you deem unfit or immoral, start punishing them in-game, yourself.

The same tools these people are using to break your rules are available to you to punish them for their sins. Pick up your rifle, saddle up your bicycles, and roll out with your posse.

The only law in DayZ is made by players. The only morality is decided by players. If you want it to change, demonstrate the courage of your convictions and make it happen.

If---as most people who post suggestions like this seem to think---there are lots of people who feel the same way as you do, it should be no problem recruiting allies to your cause.

...or, instead of being a man, you can kneel in the dust, praying to Rocket for salvation while the savage hordes of DayZ kill your men, rape your women, enslave your children, gorge on your livestock, and salt your fields, insuring that the only god known to man is chaos incarnate.

Nuff said.

Been suggested before.

Don't assume that someone is going to go crazy because they've killed a lot of people.

PVP is an integral part of Day Z and always will be.

And then you realize everyone's anonymous and no one can see anyone's names and then that whole argument falls apart.

Oh god, where in my post does it say I have a problem with how people play? I made a suggested idea because I think it would be fun to implement it. Rather sad seeing people jump to conclusions so easily here. Hell, I've murdered my share (only in my last character though) and I had fun, but I prefer goign survival mode more. Think first before making complaints please.

I'll quote where you said it. I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm reading what you posted and based upon my understanding of the English language deciding what you were trying to communicate.

I have an idea for what happens to those who play only for PVP. It is not a punishment, but a repercussion.

PVPers have to keep on murdering or it gets harder to play, survivors have a greater chance of getting away and also getting the drop on a murderer.

If you don't want to influence people away from PvP then why on earth would you think there is need for repercussion? Do you live somewhere where adding repercussions to actions causes people to perform those actions more then before the change? Sounds like a curious place.

If you don't want to influence people away from PvP then why on earth do you want it to get harder for them to kill and easier for non-PvPers to get away and/or turn the tables?

Without a motive like that these changes you're talking about don't make any sense to me. I don't believe in complexity for complexity's sake. In a multiplayer open world game you don't make things better by adding complexity, you make them better by adding freedom.

Edited by random51

PvP is part of the game, but let it be at least some challange. Playing as bad one only rise your chance to survive, so its like turning on easy mode in game. Because what sense in saying "hardcore brutal world" if most of this "hardcore" PKers abuse how much they can all game mechanic. In first DayZ map in google you have marked nearest best weapon zone, if there is no weapon at this moment just relog to others servers and gather all stuff from same place dont moving far away even, and later pick your uber weapon to shoot down some rookies on beach. Anyone who like to play bad wish to have some challange at least, and this is no challage only jerking around. Because "Im immortal gameplay character, where even game mechanic dont limit me in nothing, so i just shoot and annoying other people".

Edited by Dalegor Dobrutro

I'll quote where you said it. I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm reading what you posted and based upon my understanding of the English language deciding what you were trying to communicate.

If you don't want to influence people away from PvP then why on earth would you think there is need for repercussion? Do you live somewhere where adding repercussions to actions causes people to perform those actions more then before the change? Sounds like a curious place.

If you don't want to influence people away from PvP then why on earth do you want it to get harder for them to kill and easier for non-PvPers to get away and/or turn the tables?

Without a motive like that these changes you're talking about don't make any sense to me. I don't believe in complexity for complexity's sake. In a multiplayer open world game you don't make things better by adding complexity, you make them better by adding freedom.

What I was trying to communicate was an idea. No where there does it say I dislike the PVP aspect of the game and I agree with pretty much everything you posted initially. If you don't like complexity for the sake of it, fine. I personally think it wouldn't add too much to the game, as the time inbetween each kill can be as long or as short as the devs wants it. The only thing I suggested that would really make things difficult for a PVPer is the screen shaking, but like I mentioned, it is a suggestion.

the guys i play with complain when they have not killed any one in the past hour or so on team speak, blood lust is already there.

what really needs to be in there should be some kind of shell shock or ptsd reaction, rather than encourage killing, maybe feel remorse by sobbing or being unable to move for a minute when your alone in the woods (with flashing images of previous kills survivor and zombie/infected) only to react when you see danger (strangers animals hear shots or engine) call it a moment of self reflection or remorse

Edited by sui

the guys i play with complain when they have not killed any one in the past hour or so on team speak, blood lust is already there.

what really needs to be in there should be some kind of shell shock or ptsd reaction, rather than encourage killing, maybe feel remorse by sobbing or being unable to move for a minute when your alone in the woods (with flashing images of previous kills survivor and zombie/infected) only to react when you see danger (strangers animals hear shots or engine) call it a moment of self reflection or remorse

Someone put it really well in another similar thread... Went something like, "We shouldn't have any mechanics that manipulate our character's state of mind in the game, because it's up to the player to create those feelings for himself."

I'll be honest, I've actually felt a bit sorry for killing other players before. Once, my brother and I went to Stary to check the military camp. We waited on a hill overlooking the town for a good 10 minutes, making sure the coast was clear. I finally spotted someone crawling away from the camps into a big building. I notified my brother (whom had a sniper rifle at the time) and he took the shots and killed him. Our justification for taking him out was that he could have just finished looting the camp and was heading to a good spot to camp it himself. We waited a few minutes and snuck in to check his body: the poor sap had a crossbow and some food. I honestly felt bad for killing him because (albeit after-the-fact) he wasn't much of a threat. For the next 3 hours playing I kept thinking about it, felt sorry for the guy... but eventually i moved on.

Similar event happened with me and two friends rolling up to NEAF in a bus.. gunned down a poor chump just crouch-running through the airstrip, he didnt bother taking a shot at us. Must've assumed we weren't gonna mess with him. His buddy in the ATC tower had some bullets for us though, but he wasn't much of a marksman. They both Alt-F4'd to avoid death. We didn't take any damage.

tl;dr, people are going to play the way they play no matter what, and ANY sort of penalty OR bonus for solo, team play, murders OR helping, would ruin the game. It's up to us to create the environment, and eventually survivors will be able to help each other for the sake of helping, and bandits will be able to continue their shenanigans knowing that people will eventually band together to stop them.

"We shouldn't have any mechanics that manipulate our character's state of mind in the game, because it's up to the player to create those feelings for himself."

So its mentality like "I risk nothing so why dont jerk around". Like in every game, so why game mechanics must put something in this empty spot. Where people dont afraid lost and this encorage them to jerk around and behave like small psychopats.