Sign in to follow this  
Delention

Ghillie Suit

Well, I've recently acquired a Ghillie Suit, and as awesome as it seems, I can't help but think that there's a specific way to use it. I mean, I've been running around with it and seen videos, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm still very visible. Not as much as before, but still visible, which leads to my question...

Is there any specific way a Ghillie suit should be used? I mean, any conditions or locations? Does it work best at night, when people can barely see you? Does sticking to shadows help even more? Is it restricted to only grass areas, or can I hide on dark sidewalks without being seen? Any help would be appreciated!

Well it depends on peoples perspective on how they see you, People with low quality settings will see you from miles, people like myself with very high quality and play the game as it should be will hardly see anyone in the grass or in trees. However even with high quality settings grass and other LOD settings dont usually appear until you move closer to what ever it is your trying to reach. An example would be sniper hill and Elektro you wont see grass on sniper hill if your at the pharmacy looking at sniper hill so you have to look at it in a players perspective of how they'd see you in game from distances.

So, from distances, I'm more easily to be seen UNLESS it's pitch black? I get the idea that shades makes you practically invisible, particularly dark shade. Bush's would probably work even better. But, anything that isn't close places me at a disadvantage then? Interesting... this tells me that the Ghillie is better suited for night time, urban settings, at least until I get a sniper rifle. Not on sidewalks, per say, but in sections where there's grass to lie down in.