keeslingusarmy

Evolving Player Maps...

Everyone uses maps. Arma's navigation would be ridiculous without them. A lot of people will go and use separate maps for example dayzdb's map. Showing locations of Deer stand , Grocery stores , Fire Houses , Ect.

I was thinking of changing the in game map , to a similar style. Once you receive your map , once you go to any Near Points of Interest say Deer Stands , Grocery Store , Ect. Its marked on your map as so. (maybe as if the charter circled the building or location in pencil) and now your map will be the ultimate reference guide to all the locations you've been to. Maybe you can have notes on your map for certain coordinates , or what have you.

The catch is , after spending 5 days collecting all the points and everything , a bandit can kill you and take your map. With all of your information that you personally put on there , as well as see all the locations you've traveled to , and then know where some near land marks are.

• Like 4

This would be a cool feature. I don't see why it shouldn't collect locations of stuff you've been to if you want it there. As far as implementation goes, this would take too much time for what it's worth because there are 'out of game' maps that do this for you. Plus, I don't think the arma engine would allow for this. BUT, in a stand alone, im all for this. +1

• Like 1

A little like the Fallout 3 / Skyrim maps, with the points of interest auto adding to your map as you travel about.

I'm surprised such a feature doesn't already exist. But this is Alpha so much yet still to be changed and added.

I LOVE this idea!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ... it adds a new feature .... and I think they should take out that stupid public marker ... no one uses them.

• Like 1

You can already do that if you place down your marker.

True, but it would be a nice feature to be added.

I like the idea :thumbsup:

You can already do that if you place down your marker.

The only problem is that anyone who has a map on your server can see everyone's markes

• Like 1