I love this game and love playing it when I have the free time but until the Tent situation gets fixed its almost impossible to play. My group gathers loot, controls areas to get the things we need but we can not stockpile our surplus because we can not set up tents. The latest patch was suppose to fix them but we have not been able to set a tent anywhere since. I hope it gets fixed so the enjoyment of getting together loads of Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Ammo, Food, Water etc so when one of our members dies he can just grab a backpack of gear and get back into the action. I know Rocket is working hard to get these things fixed and I have faith that his team and him will its just a little annoying.

walk around a little spamming place tent and it goes a little better....

We have walked around and spammed it literally for 2 hours. Crazy part is, we even found a tent on another server then switched servers and tried to put it in the same spot and it still did not work.

open inventory>walk around with inventory open while you spam place tent>should work

This can cause a bug however with tent duplication.

Have tents become more common btw? Before I couldn't find any. After the patch I found four within an hour. I just couldn't believe it. I had only found two in a month of playing and four found in an hour?!

Also the tent duplication glitch via spamming was unexpected. I managed to have two tents Houdini in my inventory after placing the original one down.

I think we he posted that he fixed the tent thing he increased the drop rate of them spawning by mistake. I agree that the bug is a little crazy but allowing it easier to place tents and dropping the spawn rate will fix it back to the way it was meant to be.