Sign in to follow this  
Theplanbpill

Horde migration, slower zombies, giving yourself blood, and fixxing the basics first----My suggestions

Welcome survivors, bandits, fresh beach goers, and all forum lurkers. I'd like to lay out some basic thoughts on DayZ and what I'd like to see coming out of it.

---First I'll start with just general zombie related changes seeing as how it wouldn't be DayZZZZZ without the Zs.

I believe I've heard quite a few people talking about horde migration. From my experience play project zombiod I found, while some what easy to manipulate with loud weapons(keep in mind thats a single player game) that horde migration can play a huge strategic part in raiding of towns and other places.

To go further into depth on that point and more specific on the actual changes, you've heard it before ladies and gentlemen:

SLOW ZOMBIESSSSS!!! :D But (excuse my language) A SHIT TON of them.

Yes I understand that is taxing on servers and players computers, but this could be implemented into the stand alone(whenever that's due) and hopefully everything will be more optimized.

---Secondly, the zombie spawning system. Now that I've been player for awhile and I'm sure plenty of you know about this, I've caught onto the whole 200 meter zombie spawn in thing. But if you don't know. I can explain it. When entering a town or just a building's area that will spawn zombies, once you are within roughly 200 meters they, and the loot will begin to spawn. Now this is easily exploited by anyone more than 200 meters away that may be watching the town or building. This is one of my biggest concerns when entering an area, I can avoid being spotted easily by snipers, stay prone, go cover to cover quickly, but the zombies can not.

Now my suggestions for that, and again also possible server taxing changes:

1. Always have the zombies spawned in. Integrated with the horde migration suggestion stated above this could be easily done by making some cities have the "horde" and others have very few if any zombies. (Adding to the strategic value of avoiding zombies)

2. Increase the spawn in distance significantly. Somewhere around 500-800 meters. Not many snipers would watch from that distance since it'd be one hell of a shot and probably have no spot to shoot from at that distance.

3. Continue with the current, easily exploitable system. (Had other ideas but forgot)

---Alright third topic. Short but I really think this one could stick:

Being able to give yourself blood. Now hold one I know what you're thinking. "That would make it too easy to survive on your own and in reality you can't give yourself a blood transfusion."

To begin. I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure I could, in an emergency, stick a needle into my arm and squeeze a blood bag. Correct me if I'm wrong(which I probably am because I study the furthest thing from medical health) but when you're given blood after losing too much, you're not given a blood "transfusion" where as you get all your blood taken out of your body and new put in, but just new put in??? Still I don't know.

BUTTTT, I'd like to finish this topic with a simple thing: blood type

This would increase the rarity of the blood bags you need, make you need a wide variety, and hopefully work well with my idea of being able to give yourself blood.

---And lastly, Fixing the basics first:

I've heard a lot of out cries about this on the forum, and I'd just like to reverberate it. Please stop adding things that make the game harder without fixing things like the ridiculous zombies, inventory management/eating your gear, and my personal favorite; camping tents dropping your loot upon the server restarting. I've lost so much gear that way.

Thanks for reading

---Plan B

post-7095-0-78523300-1344303623_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I think the zombie spawning thing is just fine in the regard you explained it...what really needs to be fixed is the respawning of the zombies..they need to spawn outside and lurk back in

Also the horde idea...others have had it and yes i think hordes would be nice though...ive never seen a horde of roaming zombies...since that usually indicated some kind of logic and leadership...zombies have neither...unless you want to get into the whole "special" infected debate...so put simply i would like to see more zombies around other places just not hordes perhaps zombies near structures could wander out farther so that if the structure was near woods or country we would see more zombies in the wild.

On blood...no...hell no taking away the ONLY LITERAL form of cooperation would just kill this game completely.

But the blood type thing is cool. It would open up opportunity for trade.

True im just saying no self blood bag if you want to start adding small things like blood type then you will have to add more small things like refrigeration and what not for said blood...just sayin too much hassle the way it is now is fine

I think the zombie spawning thing is just fine in the regard you explained it...what really needs to be fixed is the respawning of the zombies..they need to spawn outside and lurk back in

Also the horde idea...others have had it and yes i think hordes would be nice though...ive never seen a horde of roaming zombies...since that usually indicated some kind of logic and leadership...zombies have neither...unless you want to get into the whole "special" infected debate...so put simply i would like to see more zombies around other places just not hordes perhaps zombies near structures could wander out farther so that if the structure was near woods or country we would see more zombies in the wild.

On blood...no...hell no taking away the ONLY LITERAL form of cooperation would just kill this game completely.

Special infected, no thanks. But they are not needed to "lead" a horde. It's just mob mentality. All the zombies in electro hear gun shots to the north, then they all start heading that way for awhile in till the hear or see something else. Some zombies drop off along the way maybe. Scatter them out.

And yes I agree that the giving yourself blood would mess with the only real in game need for cooperation. But it's an idea. I'm sure other things can be introduced to promote cooperation. Maybe later when the game has matured.

the game is going into beta in the next month or two....i don't think this game plans on evolving much....i knew this game wouldn't add much more (useful) changes just a bunch of bullshit blockade items (tank traps...are you fucking kidding?)...seriously the only real changes were the removing of skin morphing (dumbest fucking decision they made) and adding LOS (pretty decent decision IMO) that is it...all the little girls who cry ALPHA ALPHA as a defense wall for rocket is just sad. Saying oh...don't worry it will change so much...ya no they haven't even fixed the fucked up zombies or even given them a purpose except to be annoying...not challenging.

This game will wither right now people join from the popularity then leave from the BS all these other zombie like games (there are 2 or 3) look to just build upon the concept of dayz but hopefully will be fun and actually have things to do....this game has 3 things.

WALK

RUN

KILL...

oh wait and loot....so 4 things

Edited by Slyguy65

the game is going into beta in the next month or two....i don't think this game plans on evolving much....i knew this game wouldn't add much more (useful) changes just a bunch of bullshit blockade items (tank traps...are you fucking kidding?)...seriously the only real changes were the removing of skin morphing (dumbest fucking decision they made) and adding LOS (pretty decent decision IMO) that is it...all the little girls who cry ALPHA ALPHA as a defense wall for rocket is just sad. Saying oh...don't worry it will change so much...ya no they haven't even fixed the fucked up zombies or even given them a purpose except to be annoying...not challenging.

This game will wither right now people join from the popularity then leave from the BS all these other zombie like games (there are 2 or 3) look to just build upon the concept of dayz but hopefully will be fun and actually have things to do....this game has 3 things.

WALK

RUN

KILL...

oh wait and loot....so 4 things

Well you have no faith. Go play WarZ then. We don't need your pessimism.

And trust me, there will be huge changes. Just maybe not a drastic as mine though.

while not being able to give yourself blood does cause you too rely on players and create more of a multiplayer experience, why aren't bandages? no one complains that bandaging yourself makes the game easier, so what's the difference with blood? If you could give yourself blood, it would still create a multiplayer experience, being that having a friend carrying extra blood gives u an advantage. And also, playing solo without giving yourself blood is unreasonably difficult, in that most players would rather kill u than help. I give you my beans, Theplanbpill

Giving your blood makes you NEVER EVER EVER "Need" to be with someone, so therefor, if someone asks for u to help em with blood...ITS A TRAP! Blood bags are the only real thing to trade in this game, please leave it be so :(

To be able to use a blood bag by player himself is quite logical, but only if the amount of blood is limited, let's say 1000 - 1200 units (definitely more than meat).