Soret

Hunger and Thirst goes down while offline? You mad brah?

Why the hell does this happening? I don't have anything near my self and no food in inventory? Why do the server must save hunger and thirst?

I don't know about anyone else but I always have something to eat and a drink in my backpack at all times for emergencies and I've never had to use them yet, I'd suggest you do the same.

If I know I'm going to disconnect soon I'll also keep some extra supplies and/or disconnect in a safe place near item spawns so I'd likely find some when I come back.

I like the idea of hunger and thirst deteriorating when you're not online because it makes going offline like sleeping (or passing out if you happen to have to quit unnexpectedly due to whatever interruption) and so when you wake up you can be hungry and thirsty and if you've done it right you'll have some food and drink on you or likely near you.

I don't know if you can die from not playing in a long time but if you've not played for so long then it probably won't bother you that much to start a new life anyway.

My biggest problem has been it using more food than it should. I've logged in after being logged out for the night to see myself with all green bars. If I log in again a little later another food or water is gone. Besides that it doesn't really bother me. Slowing down how much everything depletes would be nice though.