Sign in to follow this  
Blade782

PC Upgrading question

Hi all, just have some questions for the pc tech savy here. I have built the rig i have now so i know the basics, my problem now is that in cherno and electro i have around 20-30 fps, i would like to have a contant 60 fps in dayz on highest or almost higest settings, i think that my bottleneck are the gpus i have, but tell me what you guys this, i was thinking of buying a gtx 680 or a ati 7970. Here are my specs

I52500k quad overclocked to 4.5 stable, ASUS p8p67pro mobo, 8gb corsair vengence ram, 2x geforce gtx 560ti 1g sli gpus. Win 7 64bit

It does seem like it is your GPUs, personally i'd purchase a 7970 (or even 2 if you have the money) but that's just because i'm a HD fanboy.

Although the lag that you're experiencing could be server lag due to your internet.

Edited by Camay

Wait what? Two 560 in SLI is a bottleneck? Impossible.

It does seem like it is your GPUs, personally i'd purchase a 7970 (or even 2 if you have the money) but that's just because i'm a HD fanboy.

Although the lag that you're experiencing could be server lag due to your internet.

well i was planning on only buying one, wold 1 gtx680 or 7970 perform better then my sli 560's?

Wait what? Two 560 in SLI is a bottleneck? Impossible.

then what is? thats why i posted i need advice

Edited by Blade782

most of the fps lag is server side. Try switching servers until you find something that works well. Also check the optimzation guides/threads already in large quantities on here