Sign in to follow this  
Adrian187_86 (DayZ)

Vehicles disappear?

Do cars even get saved atm? I play every night a few hours and mostly every time on a differnt server. I fixed a few cars every night. in the last seven days and they are always gone after a server restart or are back to the spawn point. I mean im ok with the cars not saving stuff inside atm but they always vanishing?

Yeah. We fixed an Ural, a V3S and a chopper and they were all at their original spawns after the server restarted. The server is fairly new, but since this is apparently happening to other people as well it might not be the reason.

we run our own server for about 5 days, and every server restart causes the same problems. vehicles disappear and spawn at their original, or instead of the cars there is a bus in midden of our tents! this sucks, all the hard work for nothing -.-

Is there an ETA on a fix for this issue or do we just need to wait for the Beta/Release of the game?

I run my own server and performed my daily restart, logged in to find we were missing a tent, ATV x3, Bus, White Pickup, Tractor, Red UAZ and the Blue Van. All of which had been in our base for 5 hours + and had been saved. Logged out before i rebooted the server, logged back in and they were gone.

Performed another 3 restarts to make sure and they are still missing :/

Dude they dont care about us and have stopped responding to requests or bug reports. The only people willing to help others are us survivors. Day Z staff dont care anymore.

Dude they dont care about us and have stopped responding to requests or bug reports. The only people willing to help others are us survivors. Day Z staff dont care anymore.

Well looking at some of the posts on the forum, I don’t blame them for not replying to everything. However I do think that issues affecting long term play such as vehicles do need a solid response.

The issue has been listed on the known issues page, but it doesn’t accurately reflect the problem or give an ETA on a fix. Well we are all playing the alpha to find problems like this, there is only so many bases/vehicles etc we can lose without proper acknowledgement of the problem.

I love the game and even have my own server. But without a bit more communication around the bigger issues that take up a lot of people’s time, I do think players will stop playing the alpha and wait for the beta/release. Which obviously won’t be good for development.

This happened to us, but right now the vehicals stay after restarts. The only thing not working, is when you save a tent and restart. I lost a lot of my items when my friend restarted the server when I had all of my stuff basically in a tent.