Sign in to follow this  
natebot88

Port crossbow?

I was wondering if there would be a way to port the compound crossbow into the core Operation Arrowhead game, so I could play around with it and get some practice in the editor. It's a fun weapon, don't hate!

Have you tried the Armory? (Open Arma2:CO -> Singleplayer -> Armory -> Pick your Vehicle/Weapon --> Have Fun)

Have you tried the Armory? (Open Arma2:CO -> Singleplayer -> Armory -> Pick your Vehicle/Weapon --> Have Fun)

Yes, I have, but I would like to use the crossbow in that or just the editor.

I'm sure you could find the crossbows .pbo file in the DayZMod Folder and copy paste it into its own @Crossbow folder then run ARMA2 OA go to expansions then select @Crossbow and enable it, then restart the game. You'd have to put "removeallweapons this;" into the int of your unit then enter "this addweapon xxxxxxxxxx;" (Xs being the crossbows weapon ID) then "this addmagazine XXXXXXXX;" (Xs being crossbow arrows ID).

I think that'd work, not 100% sure.

EDIT: Never mind that, you'd have to take the "dayz_weapons.pbo" file out and make it into a folder, @DayZWeps. Inside that folder make another called Addons, put the .pbo into that folder, activate as I said before using the expansions menu.

EDIT#2: The crossbows weapon name that'd you'd put into the int area of your unit should just be "Crossbow", according to this http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9568-spoiler-digging-in-the-pbos/

I can't find a name for the crossbow bolt, so I'd try something like "Crossbow_bolt" or "bolt" or something along those lines.

Edited by SandMan20
  • Like 1

I'm sure you could find the crossbows .pbo file in the DayZMod Folder and copy paste it into its own @Crossbow folder then run ARMA2 OA go to expansions then select @Crossbow and enable it, then restart the game. You'd have to put "removeallweapons this;" into the int of your unit then enter "this addweapon xxxxxxxxxx;" (Xs being the crossbows weapon ID) then "this addmagazine XXXXXXXX;" (Xs being crossbow arrows ID).

I think that'd work, not 100% sure.

EDIT: Never mind that, you'd have to take the "dayz_weapons.pbo" file out and make it into a folder, @DayZWeps. Inside that folder make another called Addons, put the .pbo into that folder, activate as I said before using the expansions menu.

EDIT#2: The crossbows weapon name that'd you'd put into the int area of your unit should just be "Crossbow", according to this http://dayzmod.com/f...ng-in-the-pbos/

I can't find a name for the crossbow bolt, so I'd try something like "Crossbow_bolt" or "bolt" or something along those lines.

TYried everything you said, but it didn't work.