Puffler

Snow - Snow Camo/Clothing, Animal's & More.

SNOW

So, First things first. I will explain why this is a good addition to the game and then I will go into the juicy ideas.

I think Snow should be added because it adds another thing to tackle in Survival aspects as it adds endless possibilities for Dying or Surviving. More items could be added to help survive in these conditions. Heatpacks would be used so much more and getting the cold would be more common.

Snow suits

Snow suits are used in harsh blistering conditions to avoid catching the cold. They are 1 full suit not containing a bottom half or top half, just a full suit.

These would obviously keep you from catching the cold, but not infections. You would not need to use a heat-pack aslong as you have a snow suit.

You can have a chance to find a Snow Ghillie Suit which works the same way as the Snow Suit but is white and you are almost undetectable by players and zombies in prone. If you have your face facing into the ground, you will be able to blend in with the snow, but if you want to shoot a player, your gun might give away your position because of the opposite colours. An SVD Camo could be found with a Snow Camo also.

And if that's not enough for the suits, You can also find a Snow 'Camo' suit. Not so different to the ghillie, but you are less camouflage and are more likely to get shot.

I don't know about this, but maybe adding in a Snow Camo pack also? Or having the chance to Camo your pack with the suit. Not too sure what you think about that. Post feedback about the packs

Vehicles

Vehicles will definatily be effected and 1 new vehicle will be added.

Vehice's Tires will slide if braking too fast at a high speed which will result in a crash. Some cars will begin to loose grip of the road aswell when driving.

Very Rarely the car's engine will freeze and the car will remain stationary and paralyzed. Not for too long though. Undecided about if you can sort the engine to make it unfreeze and able to start the car again.

1 new vehicle will be added : The Snowmobile. Is the same as the ATV and takes the same parts and is as rare as the ATV.

General Survival

Of course you need to have water and food in the Winter Weather, but it's so scarse in all the Frost and coldness. So, finding foods going to be hard, but water is going to be fairly easy.

Make sure you have either tin cans or whiskey bottles and some wood with matches. Fill up a Tin can or Whiskey bottle with snow and start making a fire. You can melt the Snow and purify it to make it safe to drink.

If you make a fire, it will go out at any moment after 1 minute. If you want to keep the fire going you will need to add more wood to the fire.

Animals such as the Snow Hare's, Foxes & Snow Deer can provide the player with different amounts of meat. The Hare will give 2 meat steaks, Foxes will give 4 and the Deer will give 6 meat steaks.

Thank you for reading this post. I am going to be adding so much more in the future when I research more to do with Winter Survival. Leave any feedback, Bad or Good.

Check out my other post on Fishing for my thoughts on that.

Edited by Puffler
  • Like 2

There is one minus of snow and winter, zombies will freez and dont move. They have no heat inside. :(

Edited by Dalegor Dobrutro

There is one minus of snow and winter, zombies will freez and dont move. They have no heat inside. :(

Um.. Ok? I like the idea but I have the thought of different zombies spawning and less numbers.

I kinda like the pun you added in there. ;)

Nice idea man, wow I never thought of this! I would love to run around in the snow and survive in the cold :D

Yes. I can imagine everybody just being too cold to fight, and fires dotting the countryside.

would love to see this kind of stuff implemented when/if rocket decides to add seasons. Whether it be in the alpha mod or the full standalone.

i would love the idea of actually implementing something we sugested

This would be good, it would change the game play aswell, on how we get to places as you need to survive more, as you would get cold easily.

Nice idea man, wow I never thought of this! I would love to run around in the snow and survive in the cold :D

Hope you like it. I will be adding a few more things so stay tuned. :)

Yes. I can imagine everybody just being too cold to fight, and fires dotting the countryside.

Haha. That is the idea.

i would love the idea of actually implementing something we sugested

Yeah. I really want this to go far. It'd be good.

This will definitely affect the zombies. But still, I like the idea.

This will definitely affect the zombies. But still, I like the idea.

Yup. Got any idea what will happen to the zombie's though?

Great idea. Also adding group hugs to keep warm :D

Haha. Thanks :)

seasonal weather and conditions would make this game even more bad ass than it already is

Haha. Yup :)

They have to. Unless they suddenly became cold blooded animals. Which they are still mammals and humans, so they'd still be warm blooded.

And they aren't zombies, they're infected. Meaning it's literally just a bunch of people with a severe illness. They'd still have blood, but they would still get cold and hypothermia if out too long.

I think seasonal weather among other things would be cool if done right.

They have to. Unless they suddenly became cold blooded animals. Which they are still mammals and humans, so they'd still be warm blooded.

And they aren't zombies, they're infected. Meaning it's literally just a bunch of people with a severe illness. They'd still have blood, but they would still get cold and hypothermia if out too long.

I think seasonal weather among other things would be cool if done right.

You got that right. I was thinking of adding a different type of zombie to the seasonal freeze.

Some type that can survive Coldness.

Yeti Zombies. Big, white, hairy and brutal. :P

I love that idea <3 xD

bring on the turtles!

Say Again?! :)

Yup. Got any idea what will happen to the zombie's though?

Severed joints because of frostbite will make them move slower and tend to be in a pack to keep the warmth of themselves.

They will be attracted to heat more than before, and there might be half-dead zombies laying on the ground waiting to be awaken by your smallest poke or bump.

You know, winter apocalypse stuff.