Ok so im still kind of a nube but i had this game for 3 weeks now and know the basics, anyways i was up at the stary sobor military camp looting, found some good guns akm aks 74u m4a1 etc. I took the m4a1 because there was more ammo available. I got to the last tent checked then left and to my surprise perhaps the dayz gods were looking out for me but there was a PILE of guns in 3 piles like 3 akm 3 aks ammo up the wazoo and what not, and im wondering is this a random occurence or is it like someone modded and put them all there, i just want to know.

Dont worry.

Most likely someone was "loot cycling".

Grabbing all the loot, dropping it to the side and then moving a little distance away for it to rescan, waiting for particular rare loot to finally show up.

Most likely somebody was loot cycling. Loot won't respawn unless the spot is empty so people pick up everything and dump it in one spot. That way the new loot can spawn.

Ok so im still kind of a nube but i had this game for 3 weeks now and know the basics, anyways i was up at the stary sobor military camp looting, found some good guns akm aks 74u m4a1 etc. I took the m4a1 because there was more ammo available. I got to the last tent checked then left and to my surprise perhaps the dayz gods were looking out for me but there was a PILE of guns in 3 piles like 3 akm 3 aks ammo up the wazoo and what not, and im wondering is this a random occurence or is it like someone modded and put them all there, i just want to know.

Doubtful that its loot cycling. It might be just regular hacking. A hacker comes along and can spawn or dupe items. You'll find many such piles in their wake.

The amount of weapons in this game has skyrocketed due to script kiddies spawning them and server admins being powerless to stop them.

Edited by Thorne