Sign in to follow this  
Rakoth

Vehicle questions

I've only crossed one so far (a bicycle that I stole from a bandit after he killed someone else and tried to find me in an industrial building) and logged out while in it, but that clearly doesn't save it - Alas! Browsing the forum, I've a general idea on how this thing works, but some things I'm still iffy on.

If I save a vehicle and log out, does the vehicle remains in the game world for anyone else to steal (I'm going to assume 'absolutely' but it's nice to know for certain and you know what they say about assuming)?

Anything I toss into the vehicle remains in its inventory through server restarts (providing the vehicle doesn't disappear permanently through a restart,) right?

Speaking of server restarts, is damage persistent through them?

If I cross a vehicle that needs repairs out in the boonies, can it still be wheel-button saved so it won't despawn while I'm getting the repair items for it (if it will despawn after X time to begin with)?

• Like 1

The vehicles are hoarded in camps at the edge of the world on every server. Your best bet atm is to take a ride with a hacker.

The vehicle will stay on the server, even if YOU save it and leave the game, that's why you need a good hiding spot.

The gear inside the vehicle will stay inside the vehicle, even after server restart when saved properly.

The damage on your vehicle will be still there even after server restart, ATV's will be unflipped and bicycles repair itself when you "Get out" and "Get in Old Bike Driver Seat" again.

Vehicles don't despawn fast at all, it takes days until...

• Like 1

If you search for 'vehicle' it doesn't come up with many useful results, so the OP's question is perfectly fine to have its own thread.

OP, you'll soon learn there's an aweful lot of bellends in this world.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, however.