Sign in to follow this  
Stonemoney

Booby traps

Add components to build booby traps. Like the bear trap. Stuff like what Rambo made in First Blood. All he had was his knife. Perhaps a spool of rope? or maybe some wiring for tripwires? This way people can protect a cache or a tent while offline.

This doesn't necessarily mean mines or claymores. This simply means basic traps like what Arnold makes in the end of Predator.

• Like 3

I totally agree and have always thought about this, since this game is about surviving with the basics, it fits in perfectly and is needed greatly.

Hope Rocket sees this :)

Making booby traps would be a really nice addition to the game I think. That shouldn't be where the idea ends though. I think adding Land Mines (proximity ones to be exact) would be nice to. I imagine that they would be quite rare though, kinda like the rocket launcher.

+1 for booby traps.

In one of my threads I encouraged being able to harvest more environtmental items for more minecraft-y creative building, this fits right in.

Booby traps would require some kind of crafting system. I agree if done right they would be fun but it seems like that may be a later addition to the game and only in the standalone, not in the mod. I do think that claymores and other mines would be a nice addition. But as the above ppl said they would have to be extremely rare spawns.