strite

Fort Haven Trading Outpost Recruiting for SA(U.K/EU/U.S-NA 18+ Mic Required)

Recruitment-Poster2.png

Fort Haven Is Recruiting Mature U.K/EU/U.S-NA Players

Recruitment Status: Open

www.haventeam.net

Steam Group: Fort Haven (FORH)

What is Fort Haven?

Fort Haven is inspired by the myriad Zombie movies, novels and comic books out there. Our long-term goals are to rent our own server and establish a relatively secure unofficial trading outpost for fellow survivors which we will call Fort Haven. We're aware that there are quite a few so called 'traders' out there at the moment scamming players out of their hard earned gains but we'll work hard to establish ourselves as a trustworthy trading outpost. We're also aware that this sounds more than a little ambitious and will undoubtedly set us up as prime targets for raiders and the like but nevertheless we're confident we'll be able to overcome the challenges.

At present the base building in the game is practically non-existent, with the exception of sandbags and wire fencing of course. Whether more options will be added down the line remains to be seen but regardless, we'll endeavour to make the best of what we have. At the moment we're simply gathering as many supplies as possible whilst trying to survive and our short term goal is to just have fun playing the game in alpha and to plan out our long-term goals in detail. Eventually we'll need players that can fulfill a range of roles, from scouting and scavenging to people to defend Fort Haven and its visitors and decent drivers to transport equipment between our base(s) of operation quickly and efficiently.

How many members are you hoping to recruit?

We already have a good number of core members who are playing Standalone. We hope to hit approximately 40 members for DayZ Standalone by Christmas.

What are the requirements for joining?

• You must be 18+ years of age and have a mature attitude
  • You must be a team player who is willing to help and aid other members of Fort Haven
  • You must have a good quality headset/microphone and be willing to use voice comms whenever playing DayZ (We have our own Mumble server)
  • Preferably you will visit the website regularly and contribute to forum discussions etc.
  • You must be from the U.K, EU or U.S
  • You must read and agree to adhere to our rules

I'm interested in joining, how do I sign up?

First register to our website Once you've registered submit an application. Be sure to fill out the whole application. We try to get back to all applicants within 24 hours but this is a busy time for our group so please be patient. Make sure you've read our rules prior to applying. Once we review your application we'll invite you to our mumble server for an interview.

If following the interview we feel you'd be a good addition to our team and you feel you'd still like to join us you'll be welcomed in to our ranks on a 3 week probationary period whereby we'll monitor your behaviour and activity level.

If you successfully pass the three week trial period you will become a fully fledged member of Fort Haven. Again I must stress that you please ensure you read the rules and the requirements for joining before submitting an application. If you don't meet our requirements or agree to our rules don't waste your time or ours.

Edited by Strite

Damn if I only lived in the EU. Living in the U.S has pretty much screwed me at every turn as of yet.

@hellsquad2 - That sucks bud :( It's mainly the timezone that makes recruiting U.S members tricky but you can always tag along with us for a while and see if you happen to be on at the same time as us. We do have one U.S guy doing that already so worth a shot until you find a more suitable team.

@MadJim - Check the first post bud, requirements are listed there as bullet points :)

Love the idea and would like to be a part of it, but I'm currently waiting on my new pc before I start properly getting into DayZ. So I'll get in contact in about a week when I have my new pc and it is up and running.

Love the idea and would like to be a part of it, but I'm currently waiting on my new pc before I start properly getting into DayZ. So I'll get in contact in about a week when I have my new pc and it is up and running.

Sounds good bud, look forward to hearing from you :)

Just a quick update/morning bump. As Dashie said in the previous post we've actually re-considered and are now recruiting U.S members as well as U.K/EU. The reason for this sudden change of heart is that when we actually establish the fort it's going to need round the clock defence and we just won't be able to provide that with EU TZ players only. I've updated the OP and thread title/tags to reflect this change. If you're from the U.S and interested in joining then make sure you meet the requirements listed in the first post and then contact Dashie. U.K/EU players interested in joining should contact me.

We've had an overwhelming response so far, just two hours after posting this thread last night I had 15 different chat windows open across Skype and Steam! It seems quite a few people really buy into the idea which is a relief as I wasn't sure what sort of response such an ambitious plan would be met with. We'll be sorting through the applications we've received so far and talking to people to ensure we're the right group for them and that they're as dedicated and passionate about this idea as we are. I'll also continue to work on the website which should be finished in a day or two, for the time being we'll be using Enjin. The reason we've opted for Enjin is simply the ease of use 'out of the box' so to speak as well as the flexibility of the platform.

We're still recruiting at the moment, if you're interested then get in touch :)

Edited by Strite

Dashie4president here from the us part. We need some recruits who know how to play at night because the sever will be uk based. The people from America will be defending the fort at night. Just contact me if you're interested

*bump

Phew... Been a crazy few days. Tried to get some DayZ in but wanted to get the website up and running so most of my time has gone into that. I've edited the first post with the URL of our website. Applications must now be submitted through our website as it makes it easier to keep track of the apps we get.

Please make sure you read our rules and code of conduct in the 'About Us' section of our website prior to applying, links are in the OP.

Look forward to seeing some more apps :)

Good morning DayZ'ers! Managed my first decent nights sleep in like 4 days and furthermore it's Sunday! That means I'll be on most of the day playing DayZ and able to respond quickly to any new applications we receive so keep them coming :D We're growing quickly now so we'll be closing recruitment once we've accepted a few more members so if you want in on this ambitious project now's the time, we've already received two more applications overnight and I've added a recruitment poster to the OP.

Again, I'll be online pretty much all day today, well into the evening. I'll be in-game, on our mumble server, checking the site regularly and logged in to all of the chat programs I use (Skype, Steam, Xfire etc.) so if you wanna get in touch or submit an app chances are I'll be getting back to you within 10 minutes.

Feedback on the website is also welcome :) We did opt for Enjin as it's just so easy to use and has a lot of great features built in, I've tried my best to set it apart from other Enjin sites though and will continue to tweak it for weeks no doubt, somewhat of a perfectionist :P Get those apps in!

Site's looking nice,

Been having loads of fun with all the guys, these past few days.

Now I have to get back to playing with them so thats all from me.

*bumb*

Peace, Love and a Zombie Apocalypse

• Like 1

Site's looking nice,

Been having loads of fun with all the guys, these past few days.

Now I have to get back to playing with them so thats all from me.

*bumb*

Peace, Love and a Zombie Apocalypse

Glad you like the site buddy :) Yeah, it's been fun. Last night was great fun, apart from some of our merry band logging in and spawning back at the coast and then even more of us getting dropped by a sniper at the airfield :P Nevertheless, some good runs.

We'll be looking into getting our own server this week and actually starting 'assembly' of Fort Haven. We have a location in mind and hopefully we'll be ready to begin setting things up by the weekend! Still recruiting a few more people but we'll be looking to close our first wave of recruitment once we have a few more. We will re-open recruitment once the outpost is set up but I don't have an ETA on that atm.

If you're interested in joining but would like a little more info prior to making up your mind check out our About Us page which has a lot of information about our aims and goals as well as our code of conduct and details on our ranking system. There's plenty of room for growth within our group and all members will be assigned official roles once construction starts on the Fort. Roles will range from Sentries to drivers and pretty much everything you can imagine in between.

this sounds like something i'd be down with.

if you're online when i get off work, i'll hit you up.

this sounds like something i'd be down with.

if you're online when i get off work, i'll hit you up.

Sounds good buddy. I'm actually logging for the night, got an early start but just hop on our mumble server, there are still plenty of our guys on. You can join the mumble server by registering to our site and then on the homepage clicking 'Join Server' under the mumble monitor, we're a friendly bunch so just ask what server they're playing on and I'm sure they'll be happy to take you along :)

G'night guys, shall bump this thread in the morning again. Still room for a few more but we'll be closing wave 1 of our recruitment very soon.

Wanted to apply, but only see half the website on my 1280x1024 shit LCD from the late 90's. ;)

Edit: Well, not that much is cut off and i was able to register and apply. Let's see how it goes. :ph34r:

Edited by eule

Howdy fellow rebuilders of society - tried to register on your website, but it didn't allow me. PM'ed you, Strite.

Cheers-

do i rly need a mic to be a member? coz i rly want this "job"

Yes, you'll need a mic. It is very important since voice communication is important.

*Double Post for some reason - Please see below post*

Edited by Strite

Wanted to apply, but only see half the website on my 1280x1024 shit LCD from the late 90's. ;)

Edit: Well, not that much is cut off and i was able to register and apply. Let's see how it goes. :ph34r:

Hey bud,

First off thanks for your interest in Fort Haven.

Unfortunately the resolution is an issue for some members. The resolution is dynamic meaning it does stretch to a users screen automatically but unfortunately it does struggle with lower resolutions and we are looking to remedy this. We've received your app and I've left a comment on there for you to read so just check that when you're next on the site :) If you can't read it due to it cutting off then just let me know and we'll sort something out.

Howdy fellow rebuilders of society - tried to register on your website, but it didn't allow me. PM'ed you, Strite.

Cheers-

Hey man,

Received your PM and have replied. It seems you are actually now registered on the site, we have experienced instances of some users not receiving their welcome email until a good few hours after registering. We're currently talking to our service provider to try and get our mailbox cache increased as we're not sure if some of the mails are being backlogged for some reason.

Cheers

do i rly need a mic to be a member? coz i rly want this "job"

Hi Bonehead 3535,

As Nobody has already said having a good quality working mic/headset is mandatory within our group as strong communication will be key to our success in establishing Fort Haven.

hey i have a mic and everything......do you guys use a specific server?

Hey there,

Sorry for the late response, unfortunately my SSD packed in lastnight :( Had to re-install Windows 7 on my hard drive whilst I look into getting a new SSD. Currently we don't play on a specific server but that's set to change within the next few days as we'll be renting our own. Currently we just choose servers as we play :)