mrgiggle

Bad Serial number given in setup

Hi, i was wondering if any one could help i have been playing dayz for a good amount of time, and suddenly it says bad serial number given in set up i have tried what people have told me none of it has worked, so far i think it's operation arrowhead is the problem any way to fix it?

• Like 2

Yes send me your Skype ill help you out

or steam xD

Edited by Jemoeder

hey buddy i had the same problem but chill out,if ur on dayz commander just go on six launcher use that it will fix it same if the other way around btw i have had them both dayz comander is MUCH better!

Try Verifying cache on BOTH Arma 2 and OA (through Steam), by Right-click > Properties > Local > Verify blah blah blah. Takes about 5 minutes for each.

When that's done run EACH GAME through to the in-game menu. Then close steam and all that and Run as Admin.

ALWAYS run EVERYTHING as admin when dealing with DayZ.

Also, just run ArmA II OA and Combined Ops really quick (Boot Camp or whatever) if you are using the Steam version and then run DayZ again.

Try Verifying cache on BOTH Arma 2 and OA (through Steam), by Right-click > Properties > Local > Verify blah blah blah. Takes about 5 minutes for each.

When that's done run EACH GAME through to the in-game menu. Then close steam and all that and Run as Admin.

I had this exact problem when i reformated my pc and this worked for me.

• Like 1

I have this problem only when I try to run OA or normal ArmA 2, when I run CO it's fine.

Thanks for all of the replys.... but the problem was there wasn't a serial key in my operation arrow head file, so im reinstalling steam since i've tryed all of the stuff and redoing all of it. also i couldn't even get oa to run.

Edited by MrGiggle

Yes send me your Skype ill help you out

or steam xD

Hey man i`m new to dayz, so new I haven't played yet I have everything installed but i`m getting the same problem. I was wondering if you would like to help me out as well. My skype name is orrick7.

I had this problem last night, Do as this guy says, close out all things related to Arma, Exit out of steam, Run Steam as Admin, Verify both, wait a few minutes, run Arma II first, then OA, Then CO, that fixed the problem for me, though I have been seeing others that said doing this didn't work for them..

The problem im still having is that it isn't installing my Cd key. does that mean i have to buy a hole new game?

I had this problem last night, Do as this guy says, close out all things related to Arma, Exit out of steam, Run Steam as Admin, Verify both, wait a few minutes, run Arma II first, then OA, Then CO, that fixed the problem for me, though I have been seeing others that said doing this didn't work for them..

im trying to verify it but i don't know how, i went to properties and hit run as administrator, what do i do after that? do i have to go to local, because i cant find it. oh yeah i get a message that says failure to contact key server.

Run Arma 2 and the addon version once, exit, and try again, this is also in the instructions for Steam users.

Also, just run ArmA II OA and Combined Ops really quick (Boot Camp or whatever) if you are using the Steam version and then run DayZ again.

This. This is your problem, and your solution. DayZ won't work until you run Combined Ops first (assuming your a Steam user). Just open up your game library in Steam, right click on Operation Arrowhead, and select 'Combined Ops.' You can exit out after you get to the main menu.