SNiperSMokey

Incorrect server version?! and its bang up to date!

Hey guys,

I recently started renting a server, i went through the process of getting the map files from the Devs, once i got the files i installed them on the server, booted the server and entered the server logged in as admin.. i then choose the correct "dayz " map and click continue..

it loads as normal but it stops and throws an error that reads - "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application. You cannot play on this server. If you are the server admin please contact Dayz Staff.

i went to the guys i bought the server from for some help. they had there best man take a look who is very good with dayz servers. He tested all my files and interchanged them with his working servers and all was ok.. so after all the trouble shooting.. we think its the dayz map file its self.. the server comes with an built in updating tool for dayz. All the dayz files are up to date, this has been double checked and checked again. the server has been reinstalled, i havent touched the config and i installed the files again but it just does the same thing everytime no matter what i do.. to anyone that trys to join no matter what version they are on.. they get that very same error..

is there anyone else with this problem that can help me?

post-78156-0-75014100-1344273777_thumb.j

Make sure your client has same level of versions as the server.

Look in ARMA what ARMA has loaded or not...dont trust other application on this.

Window before multiplayer, right down corner.

Have you actually been whitelisted? It's not immediate, you may have your mission, instance, etc. and not actually be whitelisted yet. This is the same message that comes up when you can't connect to the Hive.

Hey guys,

I recently started renting a server, i went through the process of getting the map files from the Devs, once i got the files i installed them on the server, booted the server and entered the server logged in as admin.. i then choose the correct "dayz " map and click continue..

Please follow the instructions in the welcome email.

The name of the company i am using is gaming deluxe.co.uk

i have checked all my versions, all my clan members have the same problem.. my server host has also checked all versions.. i have double checked and double double checked this many times..

how do i no if i have been whitelisted then? i have no email to say so?

Urban fox.. i have been reading it over and over since the day i got that email on sat.. that why is im now posting... my server hosting company is also using it aswell.. thank you..gamingdeluxe.co.uk/

Edited by SNiperSMokey

The name of the company i am using is gaming deluxe.co.uk

i have checked all my versions, all my clan members have the same problem.. my server host has also checked all versions.. i have double checked and double double checked this many times..

how do i no if i have been whitelisted then? i have no email to say so?

Urban fox.. i have been reading it over and over since the day i got that email on sat.. that why is im now posting... my server hosting company is also using it aswell.. thank you..gamingdeluxe.co.uk/

Who applied for the instance ID, you or your hosting company? If it was your hosting company, please go through their support.

If YOU applied for it, you should have gotten a welcome email. You MUST follow every step in that guide.

Your not talking to the hive or your not whitelisted. That is the problem. If you are renting the server from a company they need to fix it. If you are doing it yourself then you need to make sure the connection on port 3306 is using the same ip address as the default ip on the box they gave you. Also if you have access to support.dayzmod.com you should be able to see your instance and see if it is "yes" or "no" if it is "yes" then it should be whitelisted and most likely a firewall / wrong ip issue with the hive

Hey,

i have been told by the dayz staff that as its not my dedicated server and i dont have and rdc connection to it they cant help me and its to do with my server host.. but for the last 2 days i have been copy and pasting to each other on the tickets and emails to both server company and dayz support.. one is saying its the others problem.. i paid 135 quid for this server..

the server support company was saying they tested my map file and it dident work they then used a working one and it worked fine in my server. the server company was saying it was a whitelisting issue. the dayz support replyed saying that it was not a whitelist issue as my server is whitelisted all ok.

what the hell do i do next? i feel powerless.. and really quite frustrated..

Hey,

i have been told by the dayz staff that as its not my dedicated server and i dont have and rdc connection to it they cant help me and its to do with my server host.. but for the last 2 days i have been copy and pasting to each other on the tickets and emails to both server company and dayz support.. one is saying its the others problem.. i paid 135 quid for this server..

the server support company was saying they tested my map file and it dident work they then used a working one and it worked fine in my server. the server company was saying it was a whitelisting issue. the dayz support replyed saying that it was not a whitelist issue as my server is whitelisted all ok.

what the hell do i do next? i feel powerless.. and really quite frustrated..

Hi,

I am the one who was handling your ticket.

Since you have a slotted server, and did not directly register the instance ID with us, it is the responsibility of your host to set you up.

Like I previously stated, it's not that we don't want to help you, but since you don't have direct control of your server we physically can't help you.

I can tell you though that I have been paying close attention to new tickets that might come from your hosting company, and to my knowledge we have received none.

Oh hiya,

i understand, was just trying to get some input as i'm sure you can understand from my point of view is very frustrating where you have 2 different support guys that wont talk to each other and have to go through me.. all i have done most the week is copy and paste emails between you both.. lol.

Oh hiya,

i understand, was just trying to get some input as i'm sure you can understand from my point of view is very frustrating where you have 2 different support guys that wont talk to each other and have to go through me.. all i have done most the week is copy and paste emails between you both.. lol.

I'd be more than happy to talk to them, they just have not reached out to us.

If you had remote desktop access I'd be able to help you directly, but at the moment the ball is in your host's court.

I would seek a refund and find a new host. If you're paying 135 you can find a dedicated server with full RDP access and handle it yourself.

Having the same issue with our dedicated server

Very frustrating, been whitelisted since last thursday, done everything the welcome email says and then did it again incase I had done something wrong

Everything loads to the point of this with a black screen "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application. You cannot play on this server. If you are the server admin please contact Dayz Staff."

I have submitted a ticket, and have been speaking to jonathon but as I am uk and hes in the states it is very hard to catch each other and have had no real fix at this time

Has anyone had this issue and actually fixed it?

I just want to play on our server lol

Thanks in advance

Yea, your server host has to fix it. i had the same problem, turned out it was them! Not dayz support.

My server host ended up moving me to a new box.. but i had to get it whitelisted again but yes that fixed it for us in the end.. Well i say fixed it, was more of a work around.