Sign in to follow this  
chris11501

Day Z for Mac

Day Z should be mac compatable if it was DayZ would get double the Unique player logins plus more support

Day Z should be mac compatable if it was DayZ would get double the Unique player logins plus more support

Is Arma even out for the Mac? Im pretty sure it isn't. Which makes this whole thread sort of pointless as Dayz is a Arma mod. Unless Rocket creates his own engine - its not going to be coming out for mac unless you instal windows on it.

Also double unique player logins and more support? lol nice troll.... Hahahah!

Edited by NZStalker

Yeah as far as I know Arma 2 isn't on Mac, which means Dayz CANT be on Mac.

And yeah it would add like, maybe 20% more people at most. Not double. :P

Is Arma even out for the Mac? Im pretty sure it isn't. Which makes this whole thread sort of pointless as Dayz is a Arma mod. Unless Rocket creates his own engine - its not going to be coming out for mac unless you instal windows on it.

Also double unique player logins and more support? lol nice troll.... Hahahah!

i didn't notice that arms 2 was only windows but double the unique player logins mostly would happen it all over u tube and have u seen apples sales all my friends have mac and would love to play DayZ but can't

First of all there wont be a double since most of the gamers still run on windows (no official statistics needed. its the truth because macs are fucking expensive).

Second: They should do multiple other things first before getting this mod run on macintosh lol.

First of all there wont be a double since most of the gamers still run on windows (no official statistics needed. its the truth because macs are fucking expensive).

Second: They should do multiple other things first before getting this mod run on macintosh lol.

they r expensive but worth it they r great computers

they r expensive but worth it they r great computers

Well, in that case...Buy Win7, install it on bootcamp, install Steam, buy Arma2 Combined operations and play DayZ...Simples.

Well, in that case...Buy Win7, install it on bootcamp, install Steam, buy Arma2 Combined operations and play DayZ...Simples.

ya but way about every that doesn't no how to to this or or just doesn't have the money for it

I have a mac. I play DayZ. Problem?

Just tell your stupid friends with macs to install bootcamp. Nothing makes me more mad than when stupid people buy macs to look cool and then whine about programs that are windows only and tell people to port it over instead of just using the already working solution.

The only inhibiting factor is how damn expensive windows 7 is. >:( (though if you bought a mac in the first place money shouldn't be a problem, unless you bought a crummy one just to look cool)

Edited by Xaiier

I have a mac. I play DayZ. Problem?

Just tell your stupid friends with macs to install bootcamp. Nothing makes me more mad than when stupid people buy macs to look cool and then whine about programs that are windows only and tell people to port it over instead of just using the already working solution.

The only inhibiting factor is how damn expensive windows 7 is. >:( (though if you bought a mac in the first place money shouldn't be a problem, unless you bought a crummy one just to look cool)

and y should mac user have to pay to be able to play not everyone who has a mac is rich i work hard for my money and on my free time i like to relax and play some games with my buds

not everyone who has a mac is rich

No, some seem to just be incredibly stupid.

and y should mac user have to pay to be able to play not everyone who has a mac is rich i work hard for my money and on my free time i like to relax and play some games with my buds

In all seriousness though, yeah you do have to pay for the extra. You payed extra for the mac because it works better, and you knew it wouldn't be compatible with everything. You can't expect a game developer to change his game to mac just because you want him to. Truth is macs aren't a majority of the market, so game devs usually don't mess with it. There is a solution that has been provided, if you can't deal with that then perhaps you shouldn't have bought a mac in the first place.

Edited by Xaiier

We all payed to be able to play...We just happened to pay for a computer and install an operating system that supports gaming...Unless Arma2 is OpenGL, you are sh*t out of luck.

ya but way about every that doesn't no how to to this or or just doesn't have the money for it

If you can afford a mac, you have the money for it.

You can't expect a game developer to change his game to mac just because you want him to. Truth is macs aren't a majority of the market

no i don't but they should work on a version for mac if arma 2(becomes mac compatible) or arma 3(when it comes out )if mac compatible

Seriously... You have to buy Bootcamp and Win7. That's extremely cheap compared to the development cost and time needed for porting ArmA 2 AND DayZ to OSX. Plus... people that buy a Mac do it for reasons that exclude playing, not everyone, but the majority. That considered, there will NOT be a 100% increase of players if DayZ was ported, probably not even 10%.

That said, you can always hope they will port it, but don't hold your breath...

First off we should solve the problem of people buying macs. Then this won't be an issue.

If you intended on gaming then you should not have bought a Mac. If you had done some research you would have learned that most games don't support Macs. It's not the game makers’ fault you have to pay more to play it on a mac; it's yours for not buying a compatible computer.

Edited by The Brehmis

If you bought a Mac for gaming, go fuck yourself.

If you bought a mac for anything other than... uploading/download/creating/producing videos, pictures, or anything similar. You're a fucking idiot.

A mac isn't a good all around computer. You can't even build on to them I think. What you buy is what you get. You can't upgrade. You have to buy a whole new $75,000 laptop.