Sign in to follow this  
nzcanucksteven@gmail.com

Imagine if DayZ had the ability to...

...Play as a zombie?

Keep the AI zombies the same. But add in the zombie players. Same speed / stats as normal zombies (or maybe a little slower) - potentially try and find a way to make the zombies move slow until they are within a certain distance from a player and then they get a speed boost? Cant pick up gear / regen health over time?(?) Spawn the human zombies near hotspots such as Electra / Cherno / airport - this would help combat the PvP in that area as it give humans something to unite against - other human zombies while still keeping the zombie survival game intact - instead of hunting survivor players, it gives players the chance to hunt 'smart and unpredictable" zombies.

I think it would be fun to play as a zombie / get the clan into it. 6/7 zombies crawling through the forest / long grass nowhere near the town hunting players. Have to use stealth to get close (otherwise zombie just gets sniped) and rush the poor sniper sitting up on the hill who's looking for new players! Act like a normal zombie until the time is right to attack? Ambush near supermarkets? The possibilities are endless!

Maybe spawn the human zombie with a modified hatchet that cant be dropped or picked up - this would simulate close combat?

But then again... I can imagine alot of people would hate the idea. Just an idea / curious to see other peoples point of view in regards to this.

Edited by NZStalker
  • Like 1

I kind of like the idea just because there has to be a bigger challenge when it comes to zombies. Right now, the only threat players more than a week old face are other players...

I kind of like the idea just because there has to be a bigger challenge when it comes to zombies. Right now, the only threat players more than a week old face are other players...

Yup - I was thinking it would keep the survival aspect of the game. While giving survivors something to unite them against. Its not going to stop bandits (nor should it) but Rocket himself has said most people start killing each other because humans are unpredictable and 'fun' to hunt and once you get to a certain point in the game... there isnt a lot to do other than die and start over or start player killing. The zombies are unfortunately rather easy and almost a side note for experienced players.

Guessing this would be a disaster for new players though... >.<

Edited by NZStalker

Bad idea. How the hell would a zombie be able to know what stealth is? The only thing they care about is food, not crawling in the woods avoiding snipers.

• Like 2

Bad idea. How the hell would a zombie be able to know what stealth is? The only thing they care about is food, not crawling in the woods avoiding snipers.

How does this explain the crawling zombies in the woods at watch towers? Im pretty sure leaving the citys would be a death sentence for a zombie seeing as they have no range and die so easy. They would have to resort to ambush tactics around area's of interest. Chances are they dont need to avoid snipers until they get close either, as, if they spawn in citys like Elect they would blend in with any other zombie. No sniper is going to risk giving away his position to shoot every zombie in town. Espech at a PVP hotspot.

They crawl because they have broken legs or because they are weak from not eating for long. It would be too messed up having zombies running around thinking like humans, applying tactics etc.

• Like 1

They crawl because they have broken legs or because they are weak from not eating for long. It would be too messed up having zombies running around thinking like humans, applying tactics etc.

Yeah fair enough - This was just an idea that I had to add some challenge to the game which didnt involve killing other survivors (not that bandits should be removed) or changing the idea of it being a survival sandbox so deff not a polished gem of a idea if you get my meaning. Guess like I said in the OP, if the zombie player could not move fast until within a certain distance from a human this would discourage hunting outside of towns ect and add a challenge to the raiding and also bring back the challenge of zombies to players who have played for more than a week and learnt the tricks.

Edited by NZStalker

This is not a good idea and the answer is pretty simple why:

This game is designed and meant to be a game about survival in an apocalyptic world.

Zombies are Enemies and AI controlled for a reason. It is NOT supposed to be a copy of L4D

If you turn into a zombie you failed your mission, which is survival and therefore you start over.

And I am 100% sure that Rocket will not even think one second about implementing that feature.

I think this would be awesome. Everytime you log into a server theres the option like FEMALE or MALE, but you can choose for ZOMBIE or HUMAN. And you don't loose your survivor, you just play as a zed and if you change server you can make the decision again, without loosing stuff on your human.

• Like 1

Imagine if they let me use my lightsaber

And if you had the force you would be the most feared bandit until a sniper snipes you.

This is not a good idea and the answer is pretty simple why:

This game is designed and meant to be a game about survival in an apocalyptic world.

Zombies are Enemies and AI controlled for a reason. It is NOT supposed to be a copy of L4D

If you turn into a zombie you failed your mission, which is survival and therefore you start over.

And I am 100% sure that Rocket will not even think one second about implementing that feature.

I dont see why you are jumping to the conclusion this would make a L4D clone. L4D is a game all about getting from point A to B in a group. Thats all. Dayz will still be about survival for the human players with no real 'task' as such apart from to survive, with no pre-determined destination. You go someplace because you need the supplies to live. Also with the zombies spread out over the map as well much like human players, the chances of coming along other Z players will be rather rare unless you go to hotspots. Players will still chose where to go and how to do things. There would be no real reason to save a zombie location / gear as well as they have none, That players survivor could still be saved as well.

Just because im suggesting zombies be controlled by humans does not mean a game is instantly copying L4D and going to become a co-op get to the safe room style game. Im not suggesting that this IS going to ever be implemented into the game. Im just throwing out an idea.

Edited by NZStalker

if you were to get bitten and dont have like antibiotics then you could turn into a zombie. that would be awsome to try and kill other players

if you were to get bitten and dont have like antibiotics then you could turn into a zombie. that would be awsome to try and kill other players

Hmmm maybe but that would result in a server full of zeds. I would still suggest, if a player dies, they restart. I was more thinking of an option when you join a server. Human or zed.