nacrom

More vehicles. Mostly cars

They are fun.

They give you a goal - Attaining and maintaining. Making facory runs etc.

They encourage team work - four seats? May as well use them.

There would be FAAAAAAAAR more. This wasn't a traditional war and civi vehicles should be mostly intact.

It's not overpowering. Driving a vehicle around holds many risks - blowing up, shot by as50 and all four occupants ejected and killed. (it happend)

They are fun.

• Like 18

Wouldn't hurt for more vehicles. Doesn't even have to be military, because even after the apocalypse, some civilian cars would still be working, just needing repair. +1

I think bikes should be far more common as well. They're fun and hilarious and useful, but also incredibly dangerous and offer 0 protection from zombies and players alike.

I think there should be some more armed military vehicles, at least a humvee with a .50 cal. One or 2 per server

I think there should be some more armed military vehicles, at least a humvee with a .50 cal. One or 2 per server

Well that escalated quickly... And no, last thing we need is more military weapons.

@OP: Yes, more damaged vehicles would be nice. Let some of us that don't horde on the server have a chance to play with them.

Wow, I seriously have no idea how so many people agree with the OP. Day Z has a enough vehicles to support a 50 person server on average. Just because you can't find them does not mean they aren't there. (I have yet to see a range finder spawn but I know they're out there.)

Lets count shall we ?

2 buses

3 ATV's

2 Motor bikes

2 fishing boats ( or more)

2 bicycles

and at least 1 of each of the following : Huey , civilian ural, S1203 van, the off road truck, V3S civilian , UAZ, GAZ , old hatchback, the PBX, and the tractor

That is at least 21 vehicles for 50 ( I say 50 because it's a pretty standard server size) people. That's more seats than people to fill them.

And I may have even missed 1 or 2.

For a 15x15 Km map that's enough vehicles.

What possible reason is there that could justify adding more vehicles besides "I wanna drive fun cars too". If that's the case go find a car that is hidden out in the woods.

Also remember that vehicles have a CHANCE to spawn. That means they have a higher chance to NOT spawn. Just because you've visited 100 vehicle spawns and have yet to see a vehicle simply means you have yet to see a vehicle. There are a number of reasons why that could be .

Bad OP. No beans for you.

• Like 1

-1 There is more than enough vehicles now and it would be taking out the excitement to find them. Their rare, adding more would make it much less exciting.

• Like 1

Personally I like the fact that cars are rare.

Hell, only yesterday did I see my first one; a survivor was scavenging in the distance and he parked this old white sedan out the front of a barn. I was attracted by the sounds of his gunshots from clearing out the zombies. He rushed out of the barn to his car, finished off the five Zs that followed and began bandaging himself up. At that moment I went prone. I am usually a very nice player, I'll help people out if I can and have died many time because of it. Never had a single murder to my name yet.

I was at least half a km away and only had a 1866 with three rounds left. I went prone in the grass, lined up my crosshairs and fired. Didn't even think about it, instinct took over as the lust for that car was consumed me.

The first missed completely, but he still continued bandaging himself. The second shot clocked him in the torso, a stream of blood became visible. At that point he freaked and hopped into his car. The third shot went very wide as he drove off into the distance. I laid there, my heart in my throat and adrenaline rushing through my veins. All my shells had been spent and I was one again defenceless.

I wanted that car. I wanted it enough to kill for it. What has the game awoken in me?

Lets count shall we ?

2 buses

3 ATV's

2 Motor bikes

2 fishing boats ( or more)

2 bicycles

and at least 1 of each of the following : Huey , civilian ural, S1203 van, the off road truck, V3S civilian , UAZ, GAZ , old hatchback, the PBX, and the tractor

That is at least 21 vehicles for 50 ( I say 50 because it's a pretty standard server size) people. That's more seats than people to fill them.

And I may have even missed 1 or 2.

Also remember that vehicles have a CHANCE to spawn. That means they have a higher chance to NOT spawn.

So, you're incorrect. Here's why.

I'll take your first statements at face value, as I BELIEVE (though I'm not certain) that that's how it works... brand new server will spawn them there. People find and move them, and they persist. If/when the vehicle is destroyed it will eventually respawn. So with that system you should, on average, have about 19 to 20 vehicles per server (to account for the ones that are still awaiting respawn). Either way, close enough.

The problem is where you say "50 people". You're right, that's a standard server size, or close enough to it. Hell, you've even got plenty of low pop servers with 10 or less, right? So I should be able to log onto a server with 15 people and the game turns into Grand Theft Auto: Chernarus, right? Well it's obviously not. Why is that? It's because your population of '50' is absurd. If you just take the last 24 hours you've got (number of players in DayZ) / (number of servers) players that have been on that server, on average.

so what is that right now... 173,000 / (approx. 2500 servers*) = 69 players. And that's only in 24 hours. In reality, when you factor players vs. vehicles, since the vehicles persist across server resets, you count the number of players since the server came online, since that's the amount of people that could have found that vehicle and driven it out off the edge of the map, or at least the corners somewhere.

In any case, the math is irrelevant. You can easily observe that vehicles are rare as balls. Far more rare that your statement up there would suggest. hoarding has created a scenario where the LAST place you look for a vehicle is a city or town. You look deep in the woods. The only chance of finding a vehicle anywhere near the kind of places that you would ACTUALLY find vehicles, is when someone gets themselves killed while taking their tractor out or whatever. That's about it. All the other vehicles are stashed away in random hideaways. I honestly think they should spawn more often (a couple hours after a vehicle has been taken from the spawn point, another would spawn, for instance), but be subject to decay (if neglected for more than a few hours, parts start to go bad... actually becoming broken after a day, exploding after two days of being left alone, for instance). That way they're not LITERALLY everywhere, especially on a high pop server, but you still stand a reasonable chance of finding one by doing normal survivor crap.

Seriously, while typing this, I've decided that when I play tonight, I'm just going to go make a circuit around the edges of the map and destroy vehicles. And play with them. But also destroy them.

*number of servers comes from http://arma2.swec.se/server/list?mquery=DayZ&nquery=DayZ&page=1&state_playing=1)

• Like 5

So, you're incorrect. Here's why.

I'll take your first statements at face value, as I BELIEVE (though I'm not certain) that that's how it works... brand new server will spawn them there. People find and move them, and they persist. If/when the vehicle is destroyed it will eventually respawn. So with that system you should, on average, have about 19 to 20 vehicles per server (to account for the ones that are still awaiting respawn). Either way, close enough.

The problem is where you say "50 people". You're right, that's a standard server size, or close enough to it. Hell, you've even got plenty of low pop servers with 10 or less, right? So I should be able to log onto a server with 15 people and the game turns into Grand Theft Auto: Chernarus, right? Well it's obviously not. Why is that? It's because your population of '50' is absurd. If you just take the last 24 hours you've got (number of players in DayZ) / (number of servers) players that have been on that server, on average.

so what is that right now... 173,000 / (approx. 2500 servers*) = 69 players. And that's only in 24 hours. In reality, when you factor players vs. vehicles, since the vehicles persist across server resets, you count the number of players since the server came online, since that's the amount of people that could have found that vehicle and driven it out off the edge of the map, or at least the corners somewhere.

In any case, the math is irrelevant. You can easily observe that vehicles are rare as balls. Far more rare that your statement up there would suggest. hoarding has created a scenario where the LAST place you look for a vehicle is a city or town. You look deep in the woods. The only chance of finding a vehicle anywhere near the kind of places that you would ACTUALLY find vehicles, is when someone gets themselves killed while taking their tractor out or whatever. That's about it. All the other vehicles are stashed away in random hideaways. I honestly think they should spawn more often (a couple hours after a vehicle has been taken from the spawn point, another would spawn, for instance), but be subject to decay (if neglected for more than a few hours, parts start to go bad... actually becoming broken after a day, exploding after two days of being left alone, for instance). That way they're not LITERALLY everywhere, especially on a high pop server, but you still stand a reasonable chance of finding one by doing normal survivor crap.

Seriously, while typing this, I've decided that when I play tonight, I'm just going to go make a circuit around the edges of the map and destroy vehicles. And play with them. But also destroy them.

*number of servers comes from http://arma2.swec.se...state_playing=1)

I love you, triscuit. I was reading the quote by the guy who said that there were enough vehicles, and I found his comment to be riddled with errors. If you search 100 different vehicle spawns without success, I think that is a clear designation that vehicles are far too rare. And also, the only time I have actually found vehicles is when some bozo drives a tractor around until some bandit thinks that it is funny to toss him a hand grenade. I have put in countless hours into dayz, and I have searched a great deal of vehicle spawns, and never have I found an interact-able vehicle. In fact, I lied. I stole a truck from a hacker once, and I must say that THAT was one of the greatest moments of my dayz experience, and if there were more vehicles available for interaction, I GUARANTEE that more players would have greater incentive to return to the game for countless hours of fantastic gameplay. Vehicles should be rare, but they should be more common. And in no way am I encouraging a whole bunch of unnecessary vehicles. I would really hate to see a whole bunch of chumps driving around the streets like they just passed their driving tests. I think that the vehicles should be very vulnerable to decay, as triscuit mentioned, and that in the wrong hands, vehicles would only be a temporary convenience. Whereas if a hardened survivor came across a vehicle, he/she would be able to properly maintain said vehicle. Thus, balanced supply of vehicles. Take my beans. I have pasta too.