Sign in to follow this  
kingworks

Zeds playing dead

Occasionally, players run across bodies lying on the ground and search them for gear. Every once in a while, one of those bodies gets up and attacks when they draw near - Walking Dead fans might refer to them as 'Lurkers.' It would be better if the body wasn't necessarily wearing a standard Zed skin. Once they've 'risen' they become a standard walker, though you could have them 'reset' (lay down again) where they end up after a certain period of time.

Edited by kingworks
  • Like 1

Occasionally, players run across bodies lying on the ground and search them for gear. Every once in a while, one of those bodies gets up and attacks when they draw near - Walking Dead fans might refer to them as 'Lurkers.' It would be better if the body wasn't necessarily wearing a standard Zed skin. Once they've 'risen' they become a standard walker, though you could have them 'reset' (lay down again) where they end up after a certain period of time.

I suggested this before I think, but it's a good idea and would make the zombie threat much more unpredictable.

I also reckon 'stealthy zombies' would be good. They could only spawn in buildings and only wander out of them when aggroed by a player. By stealthy I mean they would be much quieter than regular zeds and crouch walk until they're in a player's line of sight